Dr. Lucy Lugo Mawang
ORCID ID: http://orcid.org/0000-0001-5728-7469
Area of Specialization: Educational Psychology,Cognitive Psychology,Guidance Practice in School,Research methods, Psychometrics
Research Interests: Psychology of Learning, Psychology of Music, Musical Creativity, Mental Health and Learning,Motivation and Creativity
Publications in Referred Journals
- The relationship between musical self-concept and musical creativity among secondary school music students. International Journal of Music Education (2018), 37(1) 78 – 90. doi:10.1177/0255761418798402
- Achievement goal motivation and cognitive strategies as predictors of musical creativity among secondary school music students. Psychology of Music (2018). Advance online publication. doi:10.1177/0305735618805837
Publications as Conference Papers
- Education for Sustainable Futures: Relationship between Music Motivation and Musical Creativity of Secondary School Music Students. The 5th International Annual October Conference on Education and Lifelong Learning, Kenyatta University Conference Centre - 4th and 5th October 2018
Publications as Seminar Papers
- Musical Learning Strategies and Music Composition Achievement in the Classroom Context. Proceedings of the 23rd International Seminar of the ISME Music in Schools and Teacher Education Commission (MISTEC). Virtual Seminar. July 17th, 18th, 24th, & 25th, 2020. Multimedia archived online at https://mistec2020.sched.com/ & https://youtube.com/user/isme1953/. Editors S. Alex Ruthmann & Marie-Louise Bowe.
- Interaction of Selected Social Cognitive Variables in Predicting Musical Creativity Among Form Four Students in Nairobi City County, Kenya: unpublished PhD Thesis, 2019, Kenyatta University.
- An investigation into the barriers to effective implementation of the new integrated creative arts course, in selected teachers Training Colleges in Kenya: Unpublished Masters Project, 2005, Kenyatta university.
- Presented a paper in the 5th International Annual October Conference on Education and Lifelong Learning, Kenyatta University Conference Centre, 4th - 5th Oct. 2018
- Presented a paper in the 6th International Annual October Conference on Education and Lifelong Learning, Kenyatta University Conference Centre, 3rd - 4th Oct. 2019
- Research Writing in the Social Sciences offered by INASP, an international development organisation in the UK. Website: www.inasp.info 6 April to 25 May 2020 (7 weeks)
- Certified Peer Reviewer course. Elsevier Researcher Academy, September 18, 2019.
- Training on Grant Proposal Writing. The Directorate of Research Support and Dissemination, Kenyatta University, November 16, 2018
- Capacity Building Workshops on Designing Effective Power Point Presentation and Preparing Scientific Posters. The Division of Research Innovation and Outreach, 15th - 16th October 2018.
- Scientific Paper Writing Workshop. The Division of Research Innovation and Outreach (RIO), Kenyatta University, 19th October 2017.
- Kenyatta University-Elsevier Publishing Connect: Author Workshop for Young Kenyatta University Researchers/Scholars. The Division of Research Innovation and Outreach (RIO), 19th May 2017.
- HIV & AIDS and Life Skills Education Training by Teacher Education and Professional Development Programme (TEPD), April - June 2011.
- National Teacher Trainers Induction Course, (Units 4 – 9) by Teacher Education and Professional Development Programme (TEPD), Jan – February 2011.
- Training on Gender Responsive Pedagogy by Ministry of Education, October 19th, 2010.
- National Teacher Trainers Induction Course, (Units 1 – 3) by Teacher Education and Professional Development Programme (TEPD), May – June 2009.
- Examiners Training Course by Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC), 24th – 26th April 2006.
- Basic Computer Skills by Institute of advanced Technology, 3rd – 7th April 2006.
- Introductory Course on Scouting by The Kenya Scouts Association, 3rd March 2006.
- Presented a research paper at the 23rd International Seminar of the ISME Music in Schools and Teacher Education Commission (MISTEC). Virtual Seminar. July 17th, 18th, 24th, & 25th, 2020.
- Membership of Editorial Board of the Journal of Education and Training Studies (JETS) ISSN: 2324-805X
- Membership of Editorial Board of the International Journal of Music Education (IJME), 8 September 2020.
Community Service and Other Engagements
- Executive Member Parents Association (PA) Chogoria Girls School 2018-2019
Affiliation of Professional Bodies
- Membership of the International Society for Music Education (ISME), December 2019
- Membership of the American Psychological Association (APA), December 2020
Recognized University Administrative Positions Held
- Coordinator, Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) Programme, School of Education. Appointed on 15TH October 2020