PUBLICATIONS & MODULE DEVELOPMENT
- Mwangi, Mutwiri, Muthima (2022) .Academic Voices : A Conversation on New Approaches to Teaching and Learning in the Post-COVID World-Towards Authentic Assessment in Higher Education : Lessons Learnt . Book Chapter Pages 405-415: Elsevier Ltd.
- Purity Muthima (2022): A Standard Paper Article on Apprenticeship and Internship as ways of tackling unemployment in Kenya . April 25th
- Nthuku, Muthima, Mungai (2021). Institutional Challenges and their Inﬂuence on Female Enrolment in Public Technical Institutions in Kenya: Case of Kakamega County. Kenya. Journal of the Kenya National Commission for UNESCO Volume 159 . Kenya Literature Bureau
- Kiplangat, T., & Muthima, P. (2020). Awareness Levels of Existing Sources of Funding for Vocational Training in Elgeyo-Marakwet County, Kenya. IOSR Journal of Research & Method in Education (IOSR-JRME), 10(2), 2020, 31-37.
- Muthima, Purity & Njoroge, Rose (2020). Student-Refugees Experiences in the Use of Technology to Access Education in Kenya. The International Research Journal “International Researchers” Volume No.9 Issue No.2 June, 2020
- Kiplangat, Terwes., & Muthima, Purity (2020). Does Government Policies Contribute to Enrolment in Vocational Training Centres in Kenya? The International Research Journal “International Researchers” Volume No.9 Issue No.2 June, 2020
- Purity Muthima: Daily Nation newspaper Articles (2020) ‘Big too, Need Parents’ during the Covid period. Kenya
- Research Report: Assessment of the Production of Social Science Research by Universities and its Utilization by Policy Makers and Practitioners in Selected Counties in Kenya -2019
- Ngugi, M., & Muthima, P. (2017). Female Participation in Technical, Vocational Education and Training Institutions (TVET) Subsector: The Kenyan Experience: Public Policy and Administration Research iiste.org ISSN 2224-5731(Paper) ISSN 2225-0972(Online) Vol.7, No.4, 2017
- Muthima, P., Rugar, T. & Ogeta, N. (2016). “Why Invest at Higher Levels of Technical Education “Conference Proceedings /Working Papers Volume 2 during the 2nd International Annual October School of Education Conference on Education and Lifelong Learning ISBN 978-9966-083-45-6
- Muthima, Purity (2017). Alternative Method of Study. Lambert Publishers
- Muthima (2020). Education Finance Lecture Module. Kenyatta University- 2020
- Muthima, Purity et al. (2010): Lectures Modules for Kenya Methodist University in Planning &Economics of Education, Curriculum Development & Evaluation Education leadership and Management and Research Methods in Education. Meru: Kenya Methodist university,Kenya.
ARTICLES /PROPOSALS/ABSTRACTS REVIEW EXPERIENCE
- Reviewer: Kenya University Women Economic Empowerment Hub (KUWEE) Hub Conference Abstracts, June 2022
- Reviewer : UNESCO –KNATCOM Journal Articles -2021
- Reviewer: Global Effort on COVID-19 (GECO):- Health Research Competition. Social Science proposals for Funding –
- Reviewer: Msingi Bora Journal: -Articles for Publication .Department of Educational Foundations, School of Education; Kenyatta university -2020.
- Scientific Committee Reviewer: - Full Papers for Publication during the 13th Annual Education and Development Conference (EDC) that took place from 5-7 March 2018 in Bangkok, Thailand- 2018.
- Reviewer: Abstracts for the Conference hosted by the Department of Education Management Policy and Curriculum Studies, Kenyatta University, Kenya-2018.
- Reviewer: ‘First National Research Fund (NRF) Multidisciplinary Proposals’ for funding at the Safari Club Nairobi, Kenya- 2016.
- Curriculum Review : Economics of Education and Educational Planning Units : Kenyatta University -2019
- Curriculum Development: Education Undergraduate and Postgraduate Units. Kenya Methodist University Educational Courses approved by Commission for University of Kenya in 2008-2009.
- Co-PI: Strengthening Instructional Leadership Capacity for Practitioner-Oriented and Technology-Mediated Educational Research to Support Student Learning. Global Innovation Fund-2022
- Researcher: Feasibility and effectiveness of peer assessment in improving formative feedback among higher diploma students at the Kenya Medical Training College: study protocol for a cluster randomized control trial. Kenya 2021
- Principal Investigator: Evaluating a study titled ‘Impact of Apprenticeship (KYEOP), Internship (PSIP) and Mentorship (STEMKenya) on Employment of Young Women in Kenya,” For what works for Women Economic Empowerment in Kenya. Bill and Melinda Gates-2020
- Consultant-. Provision of Teacher Professional Development (TPD) Training and Related Programmes for Registered Teachers in Kenya by Teachers Service Commission. Education researchers from Kenyatta University -TSC Kenya 2021
- Researcher: - “Assessment of the Production of Social Science Research by Universities and its Utilization by Policy Makers and Practitioners in Selected Counties, Ministries and Semi-Autonomous Government Agencies (SAGAs) in Kenya, Funded by Kenyatta University Vice Chancellors Grant , 2016-2019.
- Trainer and Qualitative Data Collector: Mid & End line Survey Evaluations of ‘Wasichana Wote Wasome (Let all Girls Read) Programme in Kenya (eg Tana River & Kilifi County’) under Women Education Researchers of Kenya. (2016 & 2017).
- Consultant: - ‘Do Networks Work? Study of the Construction and Governance of Transnational Higher Education Research Collaborations in Kenya and Ugandan Universities’ Funded by CODESTRIA-2015
- Researcher (Ph.D. Thesis): - Private Rates of Return to Investment in Technical Education; Case of Manufacturing Industries in Thika, Kiambu -Kenya. Funded by Kenyatta University -2015
- Research Assistant: - Child Domestic Workers’ Survey in Selected Counties in Kenya, (eg Kakamega, Nairobi County, Funded by EU -
- Research Assistant: – “Effects of Housing to Safety of Children Violence and Housing Evaluation Project in Kenya’. A collaboration between Kenyatta University & Mac Grill University-2013
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES & WORKSHOPS ATTENDED
- Presenter: Presented a “Project Plan for Doctoral Supervision” during the First Dialogue on Innovation Higher Education Strategies (DIES) and Centre for Research on Evaluation Science and Technology (CREST) Alumni Networking Meeting for African Doctoral supervision in Stellenbosch University, South Africa-2019.
- Participant: Study Tour on Start-up Development via Collaboration for Entrepreneurial Universities (CEPU), Leipzig University , Germany-2019
- Presenter: Research in Education: Challenges and Opportunities” Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) Education Fellow. Bayero University ,Kano (BUK) Nigeria-2018
- Presenter: -Presented a Paper on’ Cost Benefit Analysis of Technical Education in Kenya’ during the 12th International Conference on Education and Development in Bangkok, Thailand, 5th -7th March, 2017
- Participant : -Workshop on Sustainability Practitioner Programme Presented by the Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership at Intundla Game Lodge, Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa, 5th to 8th August, 2018:
- Participant:- Participated in an online Southern African Research and Innovation Management Association (SARIMA) Conference in South Africa ,2020
- Participant : International Conference on Entrepreneurial Universities in Africa held at Mwai Kibaki Hall Mt Kenya university ,Kenya 2021
- Participant: School of Education International Annual October Conference on Education and Lifelong Learning on Education and Dynamicity –Kenya-2021
- Participant : Virtual Conference Southern African Research & Innovation Management Association (SARIMA)-South Africa -2020
- Participant: - The International Quadra Helix Summit “on INNNOVATIONS4SDGs –Innovating for the Better Tomorrow ‘at the University of Nairobi Towers Kenya- 2018.
- Presenter: - Knowledge Sharing Forum for Practitioners in Peace Building and Academia as a Post Celebration Activity for the International World Day of Peace 26-27th(A case of Borderless higher education for refugees program)at Silver Spring Hotel. Organized by UNESCO-KNATCOM Nairobi, Kenya- 2017.
- Presenter: - a Paper on ‘Refugees Experiences in the Use of Technology to Access Education in Kenya’ during the 4th International Annual October Conference on Education and Lifelong Learning at Kenyatta University, Kenya -
- Education Track Presenter: - “Does Gender Matter as Far as Earnings and Enrolment for TVET Graduates are concerned? During the Triple Helix Summit ICT and Data Summit at the University of Nairobi Towers, Kenya -
- Presenter:-“Which Way to go for Technical, Vocational Education and Training Graduates (TVET)? White or Blue Collar Jobs? During the 3rd International Annual Conference on Education and Lifelong learning at Kenyatta University, Kenya -2016
- Presenter: - “Relationship between Lifetime Earnings and Levels of Technical Education” during the 2nd Research Conference at Kiambu Institute of Science and Technology (KIST), Kenya-
- Presenter:- ‘Female Participation in Engineering Courses in TVET’ during The 2nd International Conference on “Re- Engineering Education for Sustainable Development” at Kenyatta University, Kenya -2015
- Presenter :- “Application of Research in Decision Making and Policy Formulation in Kenya, at Catholic University, Kenya- 2012
TRAININGS AND CAPACITY BUILDING WORKSHOPS, ATTENDED
Entrepreneurship, Research & Innovation Workshops Attended
- Participant: Virtual ‘Strategy and Development Workshop V(use of miro.com to develop skills) via Collaboration for Entrepreneurial Universities (CEPU) organized by Kenyatta University and sponsored by DAAD and BMZ on 3rd -5th March 2021
- Participant: - Online Strategy Implementation Planning Workshop IV via Collaboration for Entrepreneurial Universities (CEPU) jointly conducted by Kenyatta University and Mount Kenya University on the Kenyan side and Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences, Leuphana University Lüneburg, Leipzig University and Wismar University of Applied Sciences on the German side, DAAD project. Kenyatta University, Nairobi Kenya-1st October to 7th October, 2020.
- Participant: - Online Design Thinking Training Course. Kenyatta University, 26th. Kenyatta University, Kenya- 1st October to 4th November, 2020.
- Participant: - Participated in a virtual online training workshop run by the BRECcIA Project & Southern Africa Research and Innovation Management Association (SARIMA) SARIMA over a period of 5 weeks on Research and Grants Management. Kenya -from 15th June –July 2020.
- Participant :- Kenya National Innovation Agency (KENIA) Stakeholders Launch of its Strategic Plan at Nairobi Safari Club, Lillian Towers –Nairobi, Kenya-2018 .
- Participant:-Training on ‘Women Empowerment in Entrepreneurship’ at the American Embassy Centre. Nairobi, Kenya-2018.
- Participant: - Participated at the Kenya National Innovation Agency Strategic Plan Stakeholders Forum and Recognition Ceremony for the 2016-Innovation Award Winners. Nairobi Safari Club, Lillian Towers, University Way, Nairobi Kenya-
CURRICULUM, PEDAGOGY & MODULE DEVELOPMENT TRAININGS ATTENDED
- Evaluator : Competence Based Curriculum Grade 4& 7 Book Evaluation : Masada Hotel ,Naivasha –Kenya in 2019 and 2022
- Participant: - Work shop to develop and design Competence Based Curriculum for Middle Schools,” at Masada Hotel, Naivasha –Kenya May 14th to 26th,
- Participant :Work Shop to develop the Scope and Sequence Charts for the Competence Based Curriculum for Middle School at BaoBab Holiday Resort Mombasa –Kenya - April 23nd - 4th May, 2018.
- Participant: - A two days’ Workshop Training Workshop on ‘Development of Interactive Modules’ at Kenyatta University. Kenya-
- Participant: - International Higher Education in Emergencies & Crises Summer Schools Convened jointly by UNHCR, Inzone and University of Geneva held at Kenyatta University and United Nations Office, Gigiri, Kenya-10-21st September
- Participant: - Workshop on “Online Assessment and Support Workshop for Teacher Educators Organized By Common Wealth of Learning, Vancouver, Canada and Kenyatta University. At Kenyatta university KUCC, Kenya -March 27th -31
- Participant:-Workshop for Common Wealth Technology Integration for Teacher Training Faculties-Kenyatta University KUCC, Kenya 26-30th, 2015.
- Participant :- Training on “Teaching Methodology” where the following areas were was covered at Kenyatta University, Nairobi Kenya-2013
Setting of Examinations
Administration of Exams
Marking and Analysis of Scores
- Participant:- A Training on Instructional Training-Riara University, Nairobi-Kenya-2013
- Participant: - Workshop on Development of Distance Education Learning Materials by AMREF at Kenya Methodist University, Meru- Kenya-2008.
- Mentor : Mentored and trained Eldoret National Polytechnic Young Emerging Women Leaders under Women Education Researchers of Kenya (WERK) with an objective of “Strengthening Leadership, Management and Programming Capacity WERK Project-2021
- Kenyatta University Staff Mentor: - Mentoring Kenyatta University Students under the Directorate of Mentorship and Career Guidance Program. 2011 to date
- Mentor: - Mentoring young Female Scholars under African Center for Transformational, innovation and Leadership (ACTIL) Program. Kenyatta University 2020 to date
- Mentor :-#MyLittleBigThing Mentorship Program for SDGs Innovation Winners – MK-Africa -2020
- Kenyatta University Teaching Practicum & Mentorship Program –Kenyatta University 2011-2019
- Participant : Training on Mentoring Young Emerging Women Leaders with An objective of “Strengthening Leadership, Management and Programming Capacity of Women Education Researchers of Kenya -WERK Project-2021
- Participant:-Training on Transformational Leadership for African Centre for Transformational Innovation & Leadership (ACTIL) Mentors & Mentees. Kenyatta University: Kenya-25th to 29th January 2021.
- Participant:-Participated in a Training of Trainers Facilitated Workshop for Staff Mentors and Growing Leaders Facilitators by Rev. Dr. Patricia Bombard of DePaul University and other Resource Persons from Tangaza University College held at Kenyatta University BSSC Room 12. Kenya - 7th November, 2019
WORKSHOPS ON HEALTHY LIVING ATTENDED
- Participant:-Non communicable diseases (blood pressure, hypertension, cancers), stress management, HIV prevention, Alcohol & Drug abuse prevention sensitization management at Kenyatta University BSSC. Kenya- from 9th to 10th February 2021.
- Participant:-Participated in a Training Workshop on Administration of Mental Health Screening Tools held at Kenyatta University BSSC Room149. Kenya- 14th and 15th August, 2019.
- Participant:-11th African Regional Workshop “The International Society for the Study of Behavioural Development (ISSBD), Themed “Advancing Research on Vulnerable Populations by Early- to Mid-Career Scholars in Africa” at Kenyatta University KUCC, Kenya from 4th to 6th Nov 2015.
WORKSHOPS ON PUBLISHING ATTENDED
- Participant: - Training on Publishing Connect: Author Workshop for Young Kenyatta University (KU) Researchers. Elsevier Publishing Campus at Kenyatta University, Kenya- 2017.
- Participant :- Training on “Publishing Scientific Research” by Springer ‘at Kenyatta University-Kenya-2013