Dr. Peter N. Muchanje
Dr. Peter Nyaga Muchanje is a Lecturer in the Department of Educational Management, Policy and Curriculum studies, Kenyatta University. He has acquired hands on administrative experience as a college teacher, non-teaching staff and teaching staff in the University. Currently Dr. Muchanje is the examinations coordinator, Directorate of Teacher Professional Development and Excellence (TPDEX), Kenyatta University in charge of administration of Teaching practicum, Teacher Development and Student-Teacher evaluation. In this position, he has assisted the Director to actualized immediate student-lecturer evaluation feedback and reduced the number of missing marks cases. He has acted as the Chairman of the department Educational Management, Policy and Curriculum Studies and Director (TPDEX). He is a member of the school post graduate board, school and departmental examinations board, member strategic committee and chairman of TPDEX performance-based targets. In order to sharpen his leadership skills, Dr Muchanje has successfully attended and completed training in leadership skills, effective leadership and management, leadership and strategy development and oriented administration. He is a holder of Bachelor of Arts (Maths /Geography), Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE), Master of Education and Doctor of Philosophy in Education Administration and planning all from University of Nairobi. As a consultant, he has worked with Teachers Service Commission (TSC), Kenya, Kenya Revenue Authority and Kenya Military Academy. He is a proven scholar having published with peer reviewed Journals, attended conferences and mentored, undergraduate, Masters and PhD students to graduation.
- Muchanje P. N. (2021). Effect of Soft Skills Training in Secondary School Principals Performance in Kenya. Paper presented at International Conference Universities Entrepreneurship and Enterprise Development in Africa Conference proceedings. Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences. 10.18418/978-3-96043-083-4-166
- Muchanje, P.N. (2021). Teachers' Attitude Towards Quality Assurance And Standards Officers In Primary Schools In Evurore, Mbeere North Sub-County, Embu County, Kenya. Journal of Educational Research in Developing Areas (JEREDA) Vol. 1. Issue 3, Pp. 226-239, 2020
- Salome Koskei, Florence M. Itegi, Peter N. Muchanje (2020). Effect of Gender Roles on Retention of Boys in Primary Schools in Kenya. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/344291701_Effect_of_Gender_Roles_on_Retention_of_Boys_in_Primary_Schools_in_Kenya
- Salome Koskei, Florence M. Itegi, Peter N. Muchanje. (2020). Parental Support and Boys’ Retention in Public Primary Schools in Kenya. Journal of Education and Practice (JEP), Vol.11, No. 31.
- Njuguna F. and Muchanje P.N. (2019). Socio – Economic Factors Affecting Retention of the Boy-Child in Secondary Schools of Mathioya, Kenya. Journal of Education and Practice. ISSN 2222-1735 (Paper) ISSN 2222-288X (Online), Vol.10, No.29, 2019
- Mwai, J. and Muchanje, P.N. (2018). Compliance to Performance Appraisal in Public Primary Schools in Gilgil Sub-County in Kenya. IOSR Journal of Research & Methods in Education (IOSR-JRME) e-ISSN:2320-7388X volume 8, issue 2, ver.1 (Mar-April 2018). PP 83-89.
- Mwai J. and Muchanje,P.N. (2017). Role of Performance Appraisal on Teacher Motivation in Public Primary Schools in Kenya. Researchjournali’s Journal of Education, vol.5/No.10 October/2017 ISSN2347-8225
- Muchanje, P. N., Njuguna, F., Kalai J. and Bironga S. M. (2016). An exploration of factors influencing Career Progression of Tutors in Public Primary Teachers’ Training Colleges in Kenya. Universal Journal of Educational Research 4(3): 582-588, 2016.
- Bironga, S. N. & Muchanje, P. N. (2015). Relationship between Paternal Involvement in Pupils’ Education and Academic Achievement among Primary School Pupils in Nairobi County, Kenya. International Journal of Education and Social Sciences (ijess), vol. 2 No. October 2015.
- Muchanje, P. N. Ngaruiya B, and Odundo P. O (2015). Personal characteristics and career progression of tutors in Public Primary Teacher Training Colleges in Kenya. International Journal of Education and Social Sciences (ijess), vol 2. No 1. January 2015, pg 44-49.
Conferences and Paper Presentations
2020 International Conference on Universities, Entrepreneurship and Enterprise Development in Africa Soft skills training and its effect on principal's performance in secondary schools in Kenya Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences Collaboration for Entrepreneurial Universities - CEPU
2019 Maximizing Education Change: Research, Policy, Leadership, Technology and Curriculum Tacit Knowledge Management in Higher Institutions of Learning Safari Park Hotel, Nairobi National Education Conference – Aga Khan University
2019 Promoting Women in Science to address the 21st Century Challenges Participant Safari Park Hotel, Nairobi Association of African Universities (AAU)
2018 Education Reforms and Technological Empowerment: Enhancing Teacher Education, Training and Competence Based Learning Influence of Performance Appraisal Feedback on Teacher Motivation in Public Primary Schools in Nakuru County, Kenya Kenyatta University (KUCC) Kenyatta University
2018 Re- Weaving Education to meet the Demand of 21st Century Investigating Pupils Perception on Gender Inclusion in Primary Schools in Kakamega, Kilifi and Nyeri Counties Kenyatta University (KUCC) Kenyatta University
2018 Re- Weaving Education to meet the Demand of 21st Century Paternal Involvement in Pupils Acedemic Achievement Among Primary School Pupils in Nairobi County, Kenya Kenyatta University (KUCC) Kenyatta University
2016 Rethinking Development Paradigms in Africa Gender Differences in Paternal Involvement in Pupils’ Education among Primary School Pupils in Nairobi, Kenya Multimedia University Hotel Kenya Scholars and Studies Association (KESSA)
2016 Re-Engineering Education for sustainable Development Examining teachers attitude towards QASO in Embu County
Kenyatta University (KUCC) Department of Educational Management, Policy and Curriculum studies, Kenyatta University.
2013 Enhancing gender equity in leadership of higher education Participant Taifa Hall and Safari park Association of Common Wealth Universities
2013 Facilitation Skills Participant CEMASTEA headquarters CEMASTEA
2011,2012, 2013 and 2014 ISO training Kolpin, Donyo Sabuk game reserve and Masinga Kilimambogo TTC BOG