Department: Education Management, Policy & Curriculum Studies
Contact Address: P.O. Box 43844 , 00100 Nairobi
Download Full CV
Dr Njihia has undergone training on integration of ICT in teaching and learning both locally and abroad. In 2015, he attended a five days training on ICT in teaching and learning at the National Institute of Education, Singapore. Between 2015 and 2017, he attended three training workshops on integration of ICT in teaching and learning held at Kenyatta University under the auspices of the Commonwealth of Learning, Canada and Schoolnet, South Africa. Dr Njihia acts as a trainer for members of faculty on integration of ICT in teaching and learning
- Dr Njihia has undertaken research in education in the following areas:
- 2017-Member of a research team on “Entrepreneurial University in Kenya: Growth and implications for innovation, employability, skills and development” financed by the Kenyatta University Vice Chancellors’ Grant
- 2011- Education financing and decentralization with a focus on secondary education bursary scheme.
- 2012- Dr Njihia served as the lead researcher in the ‘Use and Usefulness of School Grants: Research in Eastern and Southern Africa’, an IIEP/UNICEF research programme in collaboration with Ministries of Education in five African Countries in 2011/2012.
- 2006- Served as the lead researcher in the ‘Evaluation Practices in Adult Literacy Programmes in Kenya: A Situational Analysis’, a research project of the Department of Adult Education, Kenya & UNESCO.
Dr Njihia has presented papers in the following international conferences:
- May 2018 Presented two papers (Entrepreneurial University in Kenya: An Examination of Curriculum Drivers; Online Continuous Assessment Tests: Experiences and lessons from Kenyatta University) at the 8th Annual Forum of the East African Higher Education Quality Assurance Network held in Kigali, Rwanda
- May 2017 Presented a paper on Obstacles to Successful Uptake of Open and Distance Learning (ODL) Programmes: A case of Kenyatta University at the 7th Annual Forum of the East African Higher Education Quality Assurance Network held in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- November 2016 Presented a paper on Uptake of Open and Distance Learning (ODL) Programmes: A Case of Kenyatta University, Kenya at the 8th Pan-Commonwealth Forum (PCF8) Conference held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- March 2016 Presented a paper on School grants: A powerful policy to contribute to greater access to education for all? Lessons from research in Eastern and Southern Africa at the Comparative International Education Society (CIES) Annual Conference held in Vancouver, Canada
- May 2015 Presented a paper on Effectiveness of the Constituency Bursary Committees in promoting access and participation in secondary education in Kenya during the ‘Re-Engineering Education for Sustainable Development’ conference held at Kenyatta University
Last Updated on Friday, 28 September 2018 10:27