Refereed Journal Papers
- Michael M. Maina, Dr. Jackton Ogeno and Peter Mugo Gathara (2019) The Status of Adult Education Programme in Yatta Sub-County of Machakos County, Kenya in International Journal of Academic Research in Business, Arts and Science (IJARBAS.COM), Volume 1, Issue 4 Pages 15-35 ISSN 2664-7354 DOI: 10.5281/zenodo.3593459.
- Peter Mugo Gathara (2019) Continuing Professional Development; Dilemma of Information Provision for Secondary School Teachers in Kirinyaga County, Kenya in Msingi Journal, Volume1 Issue 1, 2019 page 1-17, ISSN 2663-1032. Available online.
- Antony Njoroge Johnson, Gathara Peter Mugo, Kirimi Francis (2019) Implications of Academic Staff Participation in Teaching Practice on the quality of Bachelor of Education program in selected Public Universities in Kenya, in Journal of Education and Training (JET) Volume 6 Number 1, pages 68-82 , ISSN 2330-9709. Available online
- Mogeni Ben Nyamweya, Gathara Peter Mugo, Mambo Augustine Karugu (2018)Efficacy of Remedial Teaching and influence on performance of learners in English Language Test Scores in Primary Schools in Nakuru County, Kenya in International Journal of Innovative Research and Advanced Studies (IJIRAS) Volume 5 Issue 12, December 2018 pages 79-86, ISSN 2394-4404. Available on line.
- Johnson Antony Njoroge, Gathara Peter Mugo, Kirimi Francis (2018)Implication of Academic Staff Qualification on the Quality of Bachelor of Education Programmes in Public Universities In Kenya in International Journal of Innovative Research and Advanced Studies (IJIRAS) Volume 5 Issue 11, November 2018 pages 119-127 ISSN 2394-4404. Available online.
- Peter Mugo Gathara (2016) Partnership examinations versus Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education: One goal, different perspectives in Journal of Educational Research and Studies Volume 4 (2) pp 9-17 ISSN 2329-3039 Available on line.
- Peter Mugo Gathara and Kasembeli, David. (2014). Partnership in secondary school assessment examinations and Kenya certificate of secondary education examinations: Dilemma in evaluation. In Asian Journal of Educational Research, 2 (1), 28-38. ISSN: 2311-6080 .Available on line.
- Peter Mugo Gathara (2014):Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for Secondary School Teachers: Policies and Practices of Mentoring in Kenyan Education System in Achieving Vision 2030, Msingi Journal of Education: Education and Development in the Context of Kenya’s Vision 2030, Volume One number 1.pages 200-235 ISSN: 2310-3493.
- Peter Mugo Gathara and Jafred Muyaka (2014):The Role of Tutors’ ICT Skills in Meeting Kenya’s Vision 2030. In Msingi Journal of Education: Education and Development in the Context of Kenya’s Vision 2030 Volume one Number 1 pages 311-343. ISSN: 2310-3493.
1.2.2 Other publications
Books and Book Chapters
- Peter M. Gathara & Lynette Jacobs, Researching Problems in Specific Contexts Towards Making an Impact: Considering A Case of Book Harvesting At A School In Kenya,In Charl C. Wolhuter, (Editor), (2018), Raising the Impact of Education Research in Africa, AOSIS ltd, Durbanville 7550 Pages 309-328 ISBN 978-1-928396-79-6. DOI: http://doi.org/10.4102/AOSIS.2018BK53.
- Augustine M. Karugu, Peter M. Gathara & Corene de Wet, Fifty years of Graduate Teacher Education in Kenya: Reflections on the Past, the Present and the Future, In Charl C. Wolhuter (Editor), (2018), Raising the Impact of Education Research in Africa, AOSIS ltd, Durbanville 7550 Pages 41-58 ISBN 978-1-928396-79-6. DOI: http://doi.org/10.4102/AOSIS.2018BK53.
- Peter Mugo Gathara (2017) Adult and Continuing Education in Kenya: From Main Stream to Periphery, Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany ISBN: 978-620-2-07835-1.
- Wolhuter CC., Kamere I. and Biraimah K. (2013) A Students Textbook in Comparative Education, Platinum Press, Potchefstroom South Africa. ISBN: 978-1-86822-638
- Peter Mugo Gathara and Charl Wolhuter: Definitions and Purpose of Comparative education
- Peter Mugo Gathara and Charl Wolhuter: Historical Development of Comparative Education
- Peter Mugo Gathara and Charl Wolhuter: Methodology in Comparative Education.
- Peter Mugo Gathara and Charl Wolhuter and Hennie Steyn : The structure and Shaping Factors of Education systems
- Augustine M. Karugu, Isabella M. Kamere and Peter Mugo Gathara: Effective Teacher Education in Developing Countries
- Peter Mugo Gathara and Isabella M. Kamere : Brain Drain
- Augustine M. Karugu and Peter Mugo Gathara: International AID in Education
- Augustine M. Karugu, Isabella M. Kamere and Peter Mugo Gathara: The Education System of Cameroon
- Augustine M. Karugu, Isabella M. Kamere and Peter Mugo Gathara: Nigerian Education system
- Augustine M. Karugu and Peter Mugo Gathara: France Education system
- Peter Mugo Gathara (2011) Continuing Professional Development for Secondary School Teachers in Kenya: Policies, Trends and practices, VDM Verlag Dr Muller ISBN 987-3639361247
- Peter Mugo Gathara (2011) Factors Influencing Kenya Certificate of Primary Education: Comparative Study of public and private primary schools in Central Division Kirinyaga District, VDM Verlag, GermanyISBN 9783639344387.
TOPICS WRITTEN BY THE AUTHOR
Conferences Attended and papers presented
- Peter Mugo Gathara and Lucy Mbirianjau (2019) Exploring Dilemmas and Enabling Interventions for increasing Female Student Participations in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Disciplines in Kenyan Public Universities, Presented at SAERA conference 2019 at Elangeni Maharani Hotel, Durban, South Africa on 22-25th October 2019.
- Peter Mugo Gathara (2017) Improving Learning Outcomes Through Initiative Of Book Harvesting; Trends In Book Ratio And Financing In Kiranja Primary School, Kirinyaga County, Kenya in 4th Annual International conference on Education and Lifelong Education at Kenyatta University KUCC between 4th -8th October 2017.
- Peter Mugo Gathara and Prof. Augustine Mambo Karugu (2016) Fifty Years of Graduate Teacher Education in Kenya: Reflections on the Past and the Future,
In 10th Annual Decolonizing the Spirit Conference, Embu University College Kenya on 19th- 21st July 2016.
- Peter Mugo Gathara (2015) Status of Teaching Peace Education in Selected primary schools in kirinyaga County: Critical steps in alleviating Post Election Violence in Kenya in the 2nd International Annual October conference on Education and Lifelong learning, held in Kenyatta University KUCC on 8-9th October 2015 : Conference proceedings Volume 2 pages 29-42 ISBN no 978-9966-083-45-6.
- Peter Mugo Gathara (2015) Partnership Examinations verses Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education: One Goal Different perspectives. In Canadian International Conference on Education (CICE) at the university of Toronto, Mississauga, Canada, 22nd – 25th June 2015.
- Peter Mugo Gathara and Dr. Salome Nyambura (2014) Developing Transformative Leaders in Higher Education in Kenya, in 1st Annual Conference on Education and Lifelong learning on 31st October 2014 at Kenyatta University KUCC.
- Peter Mugo Gathara (2012) Culture of Silence: Gender Based Violence among Female Students in Kenyan Universities, In International Conference on Gender Based Violence at Kenyatta University between 1st- 3rd August 2012.