Department/Unit/Section: Early Childhood Studies
Contact Address: P.O. Box 43844-00100
Position: Senior Lecturer
Research Interests: Child growth and development, Teaching / learning process, Methods in early childhood education, Effects of ECE in academic achievement, Special needs children.
Download Full CV
- Otieno B.O, Ouko H.O & Wanjohi, G (2021): Family dynamics’ Ramification on pre-primary school pupils’ reading readiness in Siaya, Kenya. IJRSS, Vol. V IssueV 2021.ISSN2454-6186.
- Kamau Joyce Muthoni1, Ong’ang’a H. Ouko2, Kimamo Githui3 (2021). Monitoring and Evaluation for Quality Service Delivery in Pre-Primary Schools in Murang’a County, Kenya. Open Journal of Social Sciences, 2021, 9, 409-427 ISSN Online: 2327-5960 ISSN Print: 2327-5952: https://www.scirp.org/journal/jss:
- Zack O. Kirimi, j. & Ouko H. (2021). An Assessment of Play as a strategy on pre-primary scholars’ Classroom Participation in in public pre-primary schools in Bunyala-Busia County, Kenya. IJHSS, V 9, Issue 4, 2021: http://dx.doi.org/10.24940/theijhss%2F2021%2Fv9%2Fi4%2FHS2104-039
- Murong’a H., Teresa M. & Ouko. H (2020): Teenage mothers’ involvement in their children’s acquisition of Pre-Literacy Skills: A case of Kilifi County, Kenya. ISSN2501-1111. Vol. 7, Issue 3,2020
- Murong’a Ouko. H., & Teresa.B.M(2020): Teenage Mothers’ Socio-Economic Status and involvement in their children’s Early Literacy skills acquisition in Kilifi County Kenya. Journal of education and practice, vol 11, no. 18(2020)
- Ouko, etal(2019). Influence of teacher-child ratio on reading achievement among pre-primary children in Wote-Makueni county Kenya. In IOSR Journals Vol. 9, issue6, series4 of Nov-Dec 2019.
- Ayiema J Ombasa & Ong’ang’a H.M Ouko(2019). Determinants of Teachers’ Use Of Instructional Resources In Teaching Pre-Primary School Science And Mathematics Activities In Machakos County, Kenya. IJCAB. ISSN2616-6976
- Ong’ang’a H.M Ouko(2018). Early learning experiences and teacher-efficacy as predictors of pupils’ competencies in early primary school grades in rural Kenya
- Ong’ang’a H.M. Ouko& Marisini A. Cherotich(2017). Teaching of the language of Instruction on early – grade learners’ acquisition of literacy skills in a rural community in Kenya.
- Ouko H. & Vihenda C. Ratemo (2017). Quality of Pre-School Education in Kenya: An Urban View IJIFR ISSN: 2347-1697. V4 Issue 8. No. ISSN-2213-1356
- Ouko H. & Mukami Teresia (2017). Child Abuse Influence on Lower Primary School Pupils’ Academic Achievement in a Rural Setting in Kenya IJLHSS ISSN: 2521- 0793 V1 ISSUE2, P.P.40-
- Ketgeronye C. Vivian & Ong’ang’a H. Ouko (2018): An assessment of the influence of parental socio– economic characteristics on pre-primary school enrolment and retention in Kericho, Kenya. Volume-3 Issue-6, June-2018. www.ijirk.com.
- Gichobi J. Wanjira & Ong’ang’a H. Ouko (2017). Critiquing the Role of Play on Learning Outcomes: A Case of Pre-School Pupils in Thika Sub-County, Kenya IJIFR ISSN: 2347-1697 V4 Issue 11
- Marisin, A. & Ouko H.O. (2017): Teaching literacy skills in standard one: challenges faced by language teachers in rural areas in Kenya. International journal of science arts and commerce: Vl.2no.7 sep, 2017
- Mukami T. & Ouko H. O (2017). Prevalent Forms of Child Abuse Among Pupils in Lower Primary Schools in Gatimu Zone in Nyandarua West Sub-County, Kenya Journal of Education and Practice, 2017. http://www.ijlhss.com/2017+
Books and Book-Chapters
- Editor and Reviewer of Nzioka S.M (2021: Human Development and Learning. 2nd.Ed. Franciscan Kolbe Press. Limuru
- Ong’ang’a H.M Ouko (2020): ECE310 Blended module. Kenyatta university digital school.
- Ong’ang’a H.M Ouko (2020): Community Education and mobilization (Ph.D. Blended Module ECE908). Kenyatta university digital school.
- Ong’ang’a H.M Ouko(2016). Curriculum development in ECE (Module). ECE108(Disvol)
- Ong’ang’a H.M Ouko(2016). Science and mathematics methods in ECE (Module). ECE304(Disvol)
- Ong’ang’a H.M Ouko(2016). Comparative Early Childhood Education (Module). ECE311(DISvOL)
- Ong’ang’a H.M Ouko(2016). Introduction to Research (Module). ECE 056(Disvol)
- Ong’ang’a H.M Ouko(2016). Foods and Nutrition for infants and young children (Module). ECE 044 Disvol
- Ong’ang’a H.M Ouko (2016). Education Evidence for Action (MOEST). Education Evidance For Action
- Ong’ang’a Ouko(2015). 2nd International Annual Conference on Education and Lifelong learning. Kenyatta University
- Ong’ang’ Ouko(2010). Community development. Little birds. Longhorn Ltd.
- 2021: Participated in the AAU in the 2021 Africa Universities’ Day Celebrations whose theme was- “Building Technology Based Resilient Universities, Now!”
- 2021: Presented a paper Entitled: Stakeholders Sep 7-9 th workshop on data collection and management systems at Lake Naivasha Beach Report Hotel.
- 2021: Participated in the 7 th International Annual Conference On Education And Lifelong Learning 6Th – 7 Th October 2021 School Of Education, Kenyatta University, Kenya: “Rethinking Education in Dynamicity”
- 2021: Participated in the 4th national ECD Stakeholders’’ conference held in Siaya County – JOOUST. v. 2021: Participated in the ’Annual Public Debate on National Values and Principles of Governance at Kenyatta University (March 25th. 2021)
- 2021: Presented a paper entitled, “Early years care and education in the face of covid-19 pandemic: a case of Kakuma refugee camp in Kenya” at the ECD Network Stakeholders’ Conference_ Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology.
- 2021, Feb 3/4th. Participated in workshop on ‘Digital innovation& Maternal Health Care for Migrant Mothers Network’ at KUCC.
- 2021 April, training of Trainers for teacher education-TOTEMK) workshop
- 2021 March, Attended the 11th Disability Awareness seminar at- Kenyatta university
- 2021 March attended WERK- AGM- Virtual
- 2019 December. Attended a BHER- Co-creation seminar-KUCC
- 2019 Nov. participated in BSAFE survey by UNDSS
- 2019 Nov. attended a GOODRICH FOUNDATION anniversary- Bomas of Kenya
- 2017: Research dissemination workshop (Achieving the sustainable development goals-the early childhood care and education challenge) held at BSSC on 26th may 2017.
- 2016: Attended 2nd international Annual conference on education and Lifelong Learning (KUCC).
- 2016: Growing leaders programme held at BSSC on 10th November 2016.
- 2016: school of education 2nd academic seminar held between 12th and 13th may 2016.
- 2016: The 3rd Annual early childhood education summit workshop held in Kisumu Great lakes University Early Childhood Education-A panacea for quality education
- 2015. Presented a paper entitled” Early Childhood education: A panacea for quality education at a conference held in Nakuru by the ministry of education and Uwezo Kenya.
- 2015: Presented a paper entitled” Early Childhood education: A panacea for quality education at a conference held in Nakuru by the ministry of education and Uwezo Kenya.