Department: Special Needs Education
Contact Address: P.O. Box 43844-00100, Nairobi, Kenya
View full CV
- 2002: Presented a paper on “Perspectives of Inclusive Education In Kenya” Humboldt University, Berlin (Germany)
- 2003: Presented a paper on “Special Education and Inclusive Education In Kenya” presented, Hamburg University (Germany)
- 2004: Presented a Ph.D paper on “ Ethnic Diamensions of Job Motivation among Special Eduction Teachers in Kenya” at Hamburg University, (Germany)
- 2007: Presented a paper on “ Towards Production of Relevant Assistive Technology for Learners with Physical Disabilities in Rural Primary Schools;Developing Collobarations with the Rural JUA KALI Sector for CODESRIA, (Senegal).
- 2008: Presented a paper on “School Safety for Children with Disabilities; Insights and Perpectives.” For Ford Foundation 2008: Presented a Paper on “Effects of Household Economies, Social Structures and Labour Demands on Female Youth Living in Mathare Slums of Nairobi” paper presented in for CODESRIA in Harare, (Zimbabwe).
- 2014: Wrote a chapter on “Equity and Access” for the school of Education Strategic Plan
- 2001: Selected after competitive interview to pursue a Ph.D scholarship to pursue doctoral studies in Hamburg University (Germany), by the DAAD organization. 29th, March, 2001
- 2006: Awarded Kenyatta University Deans Research Grant . April 10 2006.
- 2007: Awarded Advanced Research Fellowship Research grant awarded by CODESRIA (African Social Sciences Research Organization, Senegal) June 11th 2007
- 2007: Awarded Child and Youth Grant by CODERIA (SENEGAL)to conduct research on “Effects of Household Economies, Social Structures and Labour Demands on Female Youth Living in Mathare Slums of Nairobi”
- 2007: Participated in a FORD FOUNDATION grant to conduct a study on “Safe Schools for children with Disabilities; Insights and Perspectives.”
- 2014 : Nyaga E. Njoki – Challenges in Teaching Learners with Dysgraphia in Public Primary Schools in Manyata Division, Embu County
- 2015 : Wairimu Ann Kamau “Analysis of Predictors of Participation in Learning among learners with Cerebral Palsy in Special and Regular Schools in Thika Municipality, Kiambu
Doctor of Philosophy
- 2014 Lubna Munir Mazrui Determinants of Primary School Wastage for Learners with Disabilities in Coast Province, Kenya – Towards a Theoretical Prevention Model.
- 2015 Linet K. Oyondi “Analysis of Strategies Used by Educators in Teaching Learners who are Gifted and Talented in Selected Regular Primary Schools, Kisii County, Kenya ”
- 2014 : Chairperson, Department of Special Needs Education
- 2015 : Appointed to the Board, Disability Services Directorate
Last Updated on Tuesday, 23 June 2015 10:00