Research and Publications
- Jesse S, Twoli N, Maundu J, (2014):Enhancement of Science Performance through Computer-Assisted Instruction among Selected Secondary School Learners in Kenya. Kentucky Journal of Excellence in College Teaching and Learning (Vol 12)
Maundu J and Githinji A. (2011). Youth employment in Kenya: employability skills for socioeconomic development. In http://cusein Kenya.syr.edu.
Maundu J. & Kamau T. (2011). Non-formal Education for Societal Transformation: A preliminary survey of Nairobi County. In http://cuse kenya.syr.edu/
Maundu J, The relationship between Pupil Achievement in English Language and Predictor Variables. In Benchmarks for English Language Education, Edited by Ted Groenewegen , Phoenix Publishers, Nairobi, 2008, ISBN No. 996 302 5
Maundu, J N, Aims and Objectives of Education. In Instructional Methods in Education. Published by Kenya Institute of Education, Nairobi, 2007, ISBN No. 9966-31-625-6.
Maundu, J N, Measurement and Evaluation in Education. In Instructional Methods in Education. Published by Kenya Institute of Education, Nairobi, 2007, ISBN No. 9966-31-625-6.
- Mwangi S, Twoli N, Maundu J, (2011):Context-Based Primary Teacher Training Model: The Way Forward for Kenya. International Journal of Professional Practice. Vol 2, Issue 4, 365-374.
- Maundu J N, Twoli NW, (1996) Environment and dynamics of Jua Kali metal-work as a basic informal industry in Kenya, Kenya Journal of Education, Vol.6, No.1, 71-83
- Currently Member of the HP Catalyst Initiative Pedagogy 3.0 Project Team on the use of IT in the teaching of Science and Mathematics
- Currently member of the Syracuse-Kenyatta University research link team on Teacher Education
Presentation of papers at Academic and Professional Conferences
- ‘ICT Integration in the classroom: Dream or Reality’, a paper co-presented at the 3rd International Conference on Education at KUCC, Kenyatta University, July 10-12, 2013.
- ‘A Model for Pre-service Training: ICT integration in Teaching and Learning in Secondary Schools’, a paper co-presented at the 3rd International Conference on Education at KUCC, Kenyatta University, July 10-12, 2013.‘ICT Integration in the classroom: Dream or Reality’, a paper co-presented at the 3rd International Conference on Education at KUCC, Kenyatta University, July 10-12, 2013.
‘Non-formal Education for Societal Transformation: A preliminary survey of Nairobi County’, a paper co-presented at an International Conference on Education at KUCC, Kenyatta University, July 20-22, 2011
‘Context-based Primary Teacher Training Model: The Way Forward for Kenya’, paper co-presented at an International Conference on Education at KUCC, Kenyatta University, July 20-22, 2011
- ‘Youth Employment in Kenya: Employability skills for socio-economic development’, a paper co-presented at an International Conference on Education held at KUCC, Kenyatta University, ly 8-10, 2009
‘Incorporating issues of Growing Up and Sexual Maturation in Classroom Tests and National Examinations’, Kenya National Examinations Council Workshop held at the Silver Springs Hotel, Nairobi, 29-30 March 2006
‘Growing up and Sexual Maturation: Some Issues in Education’, paper presented at a Teachers’ Training Workshop, Highridge Teachers College, Nairobi, Kenya, 19-23 June, 2006.
- ‘Writing Research Projects for Distance Learning’ a paper presented at a modules development workshop at Blue Post, Thika, Jan.17-18, 2002
- Science and Technology Across the Curriculum”, a paper presented at a UNICEF Annual General Meeting on Networking in Gaborone, Botswana13-23 June, 1999
- ‘Towards meeting local training requirements of Jua Kali artisans in Kenya: Some lessons from experience”, a paper presented at the Bronte Hotel, Harare, Zimbabwe, 3-15 Aug., 1997
- How children perceive and learn Science and Technology’, a paper presented to Science Illustrators at the British Council Library, Nairobi, 27th May, 1995
Participation in Workshops/Conferences
Attended a National Conference on Early Childhood Education, held at Green Hills, Nyeri, Kenya in 1993
Attended a National Symposium on Education of Girls ,at Machakos, Kenya, Garden Hotel, Machakos, 1994
Attended an ADEA Research Orientation seminar on Non-formal education at Helderfontain, Johannesburg, S.A., 18-20 June, 1997
Attended a conference on Non-formal education at the Bronte Hotel, Harare, Zimbabwe, 13-15 Aug., 1997
Attended a workshop on Training Skills in Reproductive Health at the Outspan Hotel, Nyeri, Kenya, 1998
Attended a UNICEF-sponsored workshop on Life Skills and HIV/AIDS at the Hilton Hotel, Nairobi, (17-19 July, 2000)
Attended a workshop on teaching modules development at Blue Post Hotel, Thika, Kenya, Jan.17-18, 2002
Participated in a Rockefeller Foundation – sponsored seminar on research methods at the Bounty Hotel, Nairobi, on 29th April, 2002
Attended Workshop on the launching of the 11th ADEA Working Group on Mathematics and Science Education, Holiday Inn, Nairobi, Kenya (March 30-31, 2005).
Attended ADEA/SMASSE Conference on Science and Mathematics Education, GITARAMA, Rwanda, June, 2005
Attended departmental seminar on Anti-corruption entitled “Academic and Professional Integrity”, March, 21, 2006 held at the University’s Science Complex Boardroom.
Attended a departmental seminar on Strengthening Science and Mathematics Education, held at the University’s Science Complex Boardroom, February, 21, 2006.
Attended an ADEA/SMASSE Conference on Mathematics/Science Education, Saly, Senegal (May 29-June 2, 2006).
Attended an IT training workshop at the National ICT Innovation and Integration Centre, KSTC, NRB (25-10-11).
Attended a KU-SYRACUSE workshop on Teaching and Learning in Large Classes at KUCC, 13 Oct. 2011. Subsequently produced, with other team members, a Policy brief on the same.
Attended a KU-SYRACUSE workshop on Handling All Learners at KUCC, 24th Oct. 2011.
Attended HP Catalyst Summit on Innovations in STEM (+) Learning and Teaching in Beijing, CHINA 11-14, April, 2012.
Attended an International conference on Advancement of Biology Education Research at the University of Minnesota, USA, (July 12-15, 2012
Attended a seminar on Time Travels – a historical concept for teaching and learning across the curriculum; held in ECT Boardroom on Tuesday, 23/6/2015