Participation At Conferences
- September 2011: The 7th Annual Conference on Research, Moi University, Eldoret, Kenya, 6-10. I presented a paper, “Girls’ Education and the Millennium Development Goals: Issues and Possible Action.”
- June 2004: Implementing Best Practices (IBP) Conference held in Entebbe, Uganda
- March 2004: Presentation of the African Plan of Action on the Family to the Member States at the African Union headquarters in Addis Ababa
- October 2003: Conference on Sexual Rights held in Santiago, Chile
- September 2003: Implementing Best Practices (IBP) Conference held in Agra, India
- August 2003: Presented a CAFS paper at a conference organized by JHPIEGO in Lusaka, Zambia on 18-20 August 2003.
- May 2002: CAFS sponsored participation at a training on Gender in Reproductive Health at the WHO office in Geneva Switzerland.
- November 2001: I participated and made a presentation at a regional conference on Transforming Higher education Management and Leadership organised by Kenyatta University.
- September 2001: I attended and made a presentation at a Gender and Poverty Conference organised by the Tanzania Gender Networking programme (TGNP) in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- May 2001: I attended and made a presentation at the NGO Forum and the Conference on Least Developed Countries (LDCs) held in Brussels, Belgium.
- February 2001: I attended the Conference on Higher Education organised by the Association of African Universities (AAU and hosted by Kenyatta University at the Safari Park Hotel, Nairobi.
- February 2001 Participated at a workshop on Adolescent Reproductive Health in Abuja.
- March 1999 I participated at and made a presentation on Girls' Education: Access and Equity at the OAU meeting in Harare, Zimbabwe
- July 25-29, 2011: Chief Rapporteur of the USAID regional meeting on Effective Community Approaches on Family Planning hosted by the National Coordinating Agency for Population and Development (NCAPD) and held at Hotel Intercontinental, Nairobi.
- July 5-7, 2011: Chief Rapporteur of the Parliamentarians’ Retreat organized by the National Coordinating Agency for Population and Development (NCAPD) and held at the Serena Beach and Mombasa Continental Hotel.
- March 29, 2011: Chief Rapporteur of the Consultative and Strategy Forum for Women Living with HIV in Kenya.
- March 16-18, 2011: Chief Rapporteur of the HIV Capacity Building Partners’ Summit organized by RATN.
- November 15-17, 2010: Chief Rapporteur at the National Leaders Conference on Population and Development organized by the National Coordinating Agency for Population and Development (NCAPD) funded by Family Health International (FHI).
- July, 2009: Chief Rapporteur at the OVC workshop under the Health Policy Initiative (HPI).
- July 7-11, 2008 and July 21-24, 2008: Health Policy Initiative (HPI) contracted me as a rapporteur for a workshop for Provincial and District Children Officers (PCOs, and DCOs) on Quality Assurance Improvement (QAI) in OVC programmes in Kenya.
- March 29, 2007: USAID Kenya contracted as a rapporteur and facilitator for a meeting of all the stakeholders involved in a project on Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) in Kenya, funded by the United States Government
- December 5-6, 2006. I was contracted as lead rapporteur for the Joint Review Conference on Population and Development by the Futures Group International on behalf of the national Coordinating Agency for Population and Development (NCAPD).
- June 19-21, 2006 I was contracted by the Planned Parenthood Federation of America-International (PPFA) (Africa Regional Office) to be Chief Rapporteur for an international conference on sexual health and rights held at the Hilton Hotel in Nairobi.
- January-June, 2016: Team Leader in a Mid-term Review of the Strategic Plan for State House, Kenya. The consultancy was undertaken under the auspices of Creta Consultants Ltd, a Company where Dr. Florence K. Nyamu is a Director.
- March-June 2013: As part of the Bon Sante Consulting Team, evaluation of The Boresha Project implemented by Mildmay International, in Kenya and Tanzania.
- March-April 2009: Evaluation of the SNV capacity Building Programme in Samburu and Laikipia Districts
- June to November 2008: Midterm evaluation of the FAWEZA Strategic Plan 2005-2009 under the auspices of the Forum for African Women Educationalists, (FAWE) Zambia Chapter (FAWEZA):
- March-May 2006: I undertook a mid-term review of a project Opportunities for Reducing Child Labor Through Education (ORACLE) funded by the United States Department of Labor and implemented in Northern Uganda by the International Rescue Committee (IRC) Uganda and AVSI, an Italian NGO based in Uganda.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 02 August 2016 07:17