Name:Dr. Florence K. Nyamu,
Publications And Papers
- Girls’ Education in Kenya: Towards Achievement of Millennium Development Goals and Vision 2030, a Public Lecture given at Moi University on 20th February 2012.
- Girls’ Education and the Millennium Development Goals: Issues and Possible Action: A paper presented at the Moi University 7th Annual Research Conference, September 2011.
- Report on the Parliamentarians’ Retreat, NCAPD, July 2011.
- Report on the Consultative Strategy Forum for Women Living with HIV and AIDS, UNAIDS, March 2011.
- Report on the HIV capacity Building Partners’ Summit, for the Regional Training AIDS Network (RATN), April 2011.
- Report on the National Leaders’ Conference on Population and Development, for the National Coordinating Agency for Population and Development (NCAPD), December 2010.
- Mid-Term Evaluation of the FAWEZA Strategic Plan, 2008. (Prepared by Prof. Grace Bunyi and Dr. Florence Nyamu)
- Baseline Study of Education in Narok, Kajiado and Transmara Districts, 2008. ((Prepared by Prof. Grace Bunyi and Dr. Florence Nyamu)
- Strategic Plan Africa Regional Office of the Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) in October 2006.
- Strategic Plan for the Reproductive Health and Rights’ Alliance, 2006-2010, prepared for the Africa Regional Office of the Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) in August 2006.
- A report of the 2nd Africa Conference on Sexual Health and Rights, prepared for the Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) Africa Region in August 2006.
- A report on the mid-term evaluation of the project, Opportunities for Reducing Adolescent Child Labour Through Education (ORACLE), in Northern Uganda, funded by the United States Department of Labour, May 2006
- A report on the mid-term review of the Kenya Red Cross Society’s HIV and AIDS Strategic Plan, 2003-2007. A report prepared for the Kenya Red Cross Society in September 2005.
- An evaluation of the Kisumu Family Health Home-based Care projects. A report prepared for the Kenya Red Cross Society in September 2005.
- An evaluation of the Siaya Family Health Home-based Care projects. A report prepared for the Kenya Red Cross Society in September 2005.
- Experiences in gender mainstreaming in East African Universities: Case studies of Makerere University in Uganda and Egerton University in Kenya. A paper prepared for the World Bank Institute, April 2004.
- Transforming Institutions of Higher Education to Accelerate Women's Participation: Critical issues for Reflection. Paper presented at a regional conference at Kenyatta University of November 13, 2001.
- May 2009-Signed a contract with Futures group International to document lessons learnt during the period April 2008 to April 2009 and to facilitate in workshops in May and June 2009.
- July 2008- Baseline Study on the Status of Education in Kajiado, Narok and Transmara Districts for SNV Kenya
- November 2007 - Documentation of Lessons Learnt for the Health Policy Initiative for projects on HIV and AIDS funded by USAID under the Presidents’ Emergency Plan AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) initiative. The documentation process involved developing data collection tools, interviewing the beneficiaries and preparing the report.
- August 2007-The Undugu Society of Kenya (USK) contracted me to undertake a research study on the Impact of Free Primary education in the Kibera Slum.
- April 2007: With a colleague, Dr. Bunyi of Kenya University, we won a bid for a literature review on “characterizing out-of-school children in sub-Saharan Africa” for the African population and Health Research Centre (APHRC).
- April 2007: I undertook a feasibility study for the Assumption Sisters of the Catholic Archdiocese of Nairobi to establish the viability of a girls’ secondary school in the Runda area of Kiambu District.
- October 2006: In collaboration with a colleague, Dr. Bunyi of Kenyatta University, undertook a literature review and wrote a paper on the education sector analysis in Kenya with a case study of non-formal education in West Pokot, for SNV Kenya
Last Updated on Tuesday, 02 August 2016 07:17