Title: PhD, Kenyatta University, Kenya
Department: Educational Foundations
Contact Address: P.O. Box 43844 , 00100 Nairobi
Area of Specialization: Health and Education
Research Interests: HIV/AIDS and Education, Lifestyle Diseases and Education, Refugee Education, Gender Issues in Education
Download Full CV
- Ochieng, Rubai Mandela (2016). The Culture of Early Sex and Schooling of Girls in Kilifi County, Kenya, British Journal of Education, Volume 14, Number 7, July 2016, pp 1-12.
- Ochieng, Rubai Mandela (2014). The Links Between Kakuma Refugee Camp HIV/AIDS Education Programmes and the Programmes in Regular Schools in the Surrounding Host Community in North-Western Kenya, Journal of Emerging Trends in Educational Research and Policy Studies, (JETERAPS) 5(2) pp 199-209.
- Ochieng, Rubai Mandela and Chege N. Fatuma (2014), Religious Pluralism, Conflict and HIV/AIDS Education in Refugee-Affected Regions of North-Western Kenya, Journal of Education and Practice Vol. 5 No.21, pp11-22.
- Ochieng, Rubai Mandela (2014). ‘Teacher
- 4th October 2016, ‘The Sponsor Mentality among University Students in Kenya: Implications for the Spread of HIV’, Paper presented at the HIV and AIDS Programme Inaugural Research Indaba (2016), University of KwaZulu Natal, Durban.
- 13th May 2016, ‘The Culture of Early Sex and Schooling of Girls in Kilifi County, Kenya’ Paper presented at the School of Education 2nd Academic Seminar, Kenyatta University, Kenya.
- 30th June to 2nd July 2013, ‘Teacher Capacity and Preparedness in HIV/AIDS Education in Multicultural Refugee Schools of North-Western Kenya’, Paper presented at the 7th IAS Conference on HIV Pathogenesis, Treatment and Prevention. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- 19th – 20th August 2012, ‘Effective Teaching Strategies for Biological Scientists’, DRECA Training of Trainers Workshop, Kampala, Uganda – Facilitator
- 21st to 28th July 2012, ‘Gender and HIV/AIDS Education in the Multicultural Context of Schools in Kakuma Refugee Camp and its Host Community in Kenya’, Paper presented at the AIDS 2012 International Conference. Washington DC, USA.
- 28Th July 2011, ‘HIV/AIDS Education in Multicultural Context’, Paper presented at a WERK seminar. Nairobi, Kenya.
- 11th – 16th Feb 2006, Participation of AIDS Affected Girls in Primary Education: Experiences from Western Kenya, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- 11th -16th Feb 2006, Refugee Status in Kenya: Exposing Children to HIV Infection? Dhaka, Bangladesh.