- Wawire, V. FAWE Research Series Vol.2-2011 Strengthening gender research to improve girls’ and women’s education in Africa (ISSN 1608-6295)
- Muyaka, Wawire & Munene (2020). Internalization Perspectives of Kenyan Universities: A Consideration of stakeholders’ understanding and motivations, and the implications for the provision of quality academic programmes htt[s://doi.org/10/1177/1745499920910580
- Lugonzo HM, Chege F, & Wawire, V. (2017). Relationship between Fishing Industry around Lake Victoria and Enrollment of Girls in Secondary Schools of Nyangoma Division, Siaya County, Kenya. Greener Journal of Educational Research, 7(4): 028-036, http://doi.org/10.15580/GJER.2017.4.061317074
- Arnot, M. Chege, F. N. and Wawire, V. (2012) Gendered constructions of citizenship: young Kenyans’ negotiations of rights discourses, Comparative Education, Special Issue Youth Citizenship and the Politics of Belonging, 48, 1, 87-102
- Wawire, V. (2003). Gender and the Socio and Economic Impact of Drought on the Residents of Turkana District, OSSREA Gender Series (ISSN 1608-6295)
- Sore, I, Wawire,V and Runo, M.(2013). Implications of schooling on social participation of young persons who are deaf in Nyeri County, Kenya. Journal of Special needs and Disabilities Studies, Vol 1, July, 2013, 11 – 27
- Lugonzo HM, Chege F & Wawire, V. (2017). Factors Contributing to the High Drop out of Girls in the Secondary Schools around Lake Victoria: A Case Study of Nyangoma Division in Siaya County, Kenya. Greener Journal of Educational Research, 7(4): 049-060,http://doi.org/10.15580/GJER.2017.4.061817077
- Lugonzo HM, Chege F & Wawire V (2017). Fisheries around Lake Victoria and Attendance of Girls in Secondary Schools of Nyangoma Division in Siaya County, Kenya. Greener Journal of Educational Research, 7(4): 037-048, http://doi.org/10.15580/GJER.2017.4.061817076
- Ruto, Chege, F. Wawire, V. (2009). "Kenya's HIV/AIDS education sector policy: implications for orphaned and vulnerable children and the teaching of HIV/AIDS education". In: Journal of International Cooperation in Education, 12 (1)
- Gender Journal of Educational Research ISSN 2276-7789 VOL.7 pp 017048 June 2017
- Msingi Journal department of Educational Foundations Vol.4 Issue 1, 2020 ISSN 2663-1032
- Wawire, V. Ombunda, H. Mbirianjau, L. (2012).The Impact of Gender Equity Policies and Programs on the Participation of Female Students in Kenya’s Public University Education, in Strengthening Gender research to Improve Girls and Women Education in Africa, FAWE Research Series 2, P 92-108.
- Makanya, M, Wawire,V and Runo, M.(2013). Vocational education and Community intergration of young Adults with mental disabilities in Kiambu County, Kenya. Journal of Special needs and Disabilities Studies, Vol 1, July, 2013, 11 – 2, 127-14.
University Level Scholarly Book
- Wawire, V. (2006).Themes in the Study of the Foundations of Education edited by D.N. Sifuna, F. Chege and I. Oanda, Jomo Kenyatta Foundation (ISBN 9966-22-504-8)
Book Chapter in a University Level Scholarly Book
- Mulinge, M, Arasa, J and Wawire, V. (2017). The Status of Student Involvement in University Governance in Kenya: The Case of Public and Private Universities, CODESRIA.
- Wawire, V. (2014).Adult and Continuing Education, in The Fifty years of Educational Development in Kenya: a Policy and Sectoral Survey edited by O. Abagi, and I. Oanda, Jomo Kenyatta Foundation , pp.102 -131
- Wawire, V. Elarabi, N. Mwanzi, H . (2011), Higher Education Access and Retention Opportunities for Students with Disabilities: Strategies from Selected Public Universities in Egypt and Kenya. In Higher Education in Africa: Equity, Access, opportunity, pp 121 – 136 (ISBN9780872063341).
- Mwiria, K. Ng’ethe, N. Ngome, C. Ouma-Odero, D. Wawire, V. Wesonga, D. (2007). Public and Private Universities in Kenya: New Challenges, Issues &Achievements. James Currey, Oxford, and East African Educational Press, Nairobi.