Wainaina, P.K., (2017) 'Why universities should promote sports', Daily Nation, 26 May [Online]
Wainaina, P.K., Mwisukha, A. and Rintaugu, E.G. (2015). Professional Conduct of Academic Staff in Public Universities in Kenya: Learners’ Perception. International Journal of Education and Social Science, Vol. 2 No. 6; June 2015: 67-72.
Wainaina, P. K. (2014). Management of Mega Sports Events: The Case of the 2010 East Africa University Games. International Journal of Education and Research Vol. 2 No. 11 November 2014
Wainaina, P. K. and Mwisukha, A. (2014). Philosophical Dimensions in Sport. IOSR Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences Volume 19 Issue 6 (Version vii), June 2014: 45-48.
P.K. Wainaina, M Arnot and F. Chege (2011) ‘Educating Ethical and Democratic Citizens in a Post Colonial Context: Citizen Education in Kenya’, in Education Research Journal
P.K. Wainaina, (2008) ‘A Critique of Giussani’s Epistemological Foundation of Education’ in Education and Reality: Reflections on Luigi Giussani’s book, The Risk of Education, edited by P. Sanna et.al, Published by Foudazione AVSI and Kenyatta University, Nairobi
P.K. Wainaina, (2006) ‘Introduction to Philosophy; Philosophical Methods of Enquiry’, Introduction to Philosophy of Education, Axiology and Education, and Epistemology and Education (5 chapters) in, Themes in the study of Foundations of Education, edited by D.N. Sifuna, F.N. Chege and I.O. Oanda. Published by Jomo Kenyatta Foundation, Nairobi
P.K. Wainaina, (2005) ‘What Knowledge is Most Worth for Development? in Education in Namibia: A Collection of Essays, edited by M.L. Mostert and C.D. Kasanda, Published by University of Namibia Press, Windhoek
L. Katjita and P.K. Wainaina, (2002) The Provision of Compulsory and Free Education (1990-2000): The Juggling Act, in The Constitution at work: 10 years of Namibian Nationhood; Published by Vorloren Van Themaat Centre, South Africa, Pretroria
P.K. Wainaina, (1999) ‘Teacher Education at Crossroads: A Challenge for Namibia’ in Issues in Education, edited by B. Otaala and L. Mostert, Published by University of Namibia, Windhoek.
P.K. Wainaina, (1993) ‘Utilitarian Ethical Theory of Education: A Kenyan Perspective, in East African journal of Education Vol. 3 No. 2
P.K. Wainaina, (1991) ‘The Demythologisation of Philosophical Knowledge in Kenya Journal of Education, Vol 5. No.1
P.K. Wainaina, (1987) ‘Utilitarianism and Education’ Msingi; a Journal of Educational Foundations, Vol 2. No 1
J.E. Otiende, P.K. Wainaina and E. Waiyaki (1988), Social Education and Ethics for Secondary School, Book II. Nairobi: Longman
J.E. Otiende, P.K. Wainaina and E. Waiyaki (1987), Social Education and Ethics for Secondary School, Book I Nairobi: Longman
G.A. Bernnaars, R. J, Njoroge and P.K. Wainaina (1997), Philosophy of Education. Nairobi: Nairobi University Press
Conferences and Workshops
- October, 2015 2nd International Annual Conference on Education and Lifelong Learning held at Kenyatta University between 8th and 9th October, 2015. Paper Presented: Professional Conduct of Academic Staff in Public Universities in Kenya: Learners’ Perception.
- November, 2013 2nd International Conference of the African Sport Management Association, held at University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. Paper presented: Philosophical Dimensions in Sport
- December, 2011 1st International Conference of the African Sport Management Association, held at Sports View Hotel, Kampala Uganda. Paper presented: Management of Mega Sports Events – The Case of the 2010 East Africa University Games
- September 11-13, 2007 The 9th UKFIET International Conference on Education and Development, University of Oxford, UK. Paper presented: Education for the Good Life?
- May, 2006 Conference on Africa, Globalisation and Justice. Catholic University of Eastern Africa Nairobi, Paper presented Globalisation and the Quest for Human Well-being
- August 6-8, 2004 Synergy in Development 2003: Higher Education partnerships, Washington D.C. Paper presented: The Ondao Mobile School Project-The Education of the Marginalized people in Namibia
- July 2-6,2001 11th World Congress of Comparative Education Korea. Paper presented; The Importance of Citizenship Education in Namibia
- April, 1999 Workshop on Inclusive Education, Windhoek, Namibia. (Sponsored by Manchester University and Department of Educational Psychology, UNAM) Paper presented: The Definition of the Gifted Child and its Implications to Education in Namibia
- Sept. 30- Oct. 3, 1999 SACHES, Annual Conference. Theme: Development of Quality Education in Nambia
- April 17-24, 1998 18th Annual International Seminar for Teacher Education (ISTE), Kruger National Park Resort, South Africa, Paper presented: BETD-SET at a Distance in Namibia
- July 12-17, 1998 10th Congress of Comparative and History at Education Societies, Cape Town, South Africa, Paper Presented: Teacher Education at Crossroads: The Case of Namibia
- October 1997 Writing Materials for Distance Learners, Workshop Organized by CES, University of Namibia
- December 1996 Resource Person on Fundamentals of Teaching in a Workshop for Primary School Teachers in Eldoret Municipality
- November 1996 Conference on ‘Partnership in Participation’ held in Christchruch, New Zealand, Paper present: “The Girl Child Education among the Maasai of Kenya
- August 1996 Creating a Centre of Academic Excellence with Limited Resources in a Non-Industrial Country’ Lilongwe, Malawi, Paper Presented: “Provision of Education in and for a Democratic Society
- January 1995 Education for Democracy, Johannesburg, South Africa. Paper presented: Education for Democracy: A Case for Kenya
- March 1993 Education and Democracy in Africa. Kenyatta University, Nairobi. Paper presented Academic Freedom at Post-Secondary Institutions in Kenya
- June 1992 Workshop on the Advance Courses in Educational Research Organised by IDRC, Canada.
- August 1991 Regional Conference of Philosophy, Nairobi, Kenya. Paper presented A Philosophical Definition of the Gifted Child