Kisilu Kombo (2019), ‘Enhancing Higher Education in Emergencies: Kenyatta University’s Experience in Dadaab, Kenya”. Part of Borderless Higher Education for Refugees (BHER) Book, 2019 (to be published soon).
Kisilu Kombo (2019), “Towards a Peace Model for Education in Emergencies: A Multi-Stakeholder Approach in Kapedo, Turkana County, Kenya”. A paper presented at Arizona State University during a Collaboration Visit/Colloquium on 17 - 18 April, 2019.
Kisilu Kombo, Felisita Njuguna and Naom Ondicho (2019), Prevalence of Students’ Sexual Harassment in Secondary Schools in Nyamira and Kiambu Counties. Published in the Researchjournali’s Journal of Education (IOSR-JHSS), Vol. 7, No. 3 ISSN 2347-8225.
Kisilu Kombo, Naom Ondicho and Jepketer Annah, (2018), Escalation of Arson Attacks in Secondary Schools and Policy Implications for Education in Kenya, Published in the International Journal of social Science and Humanities Research ISSN 2348-3156, Vol 6, issue 2, pp 361-371.
Kisilu Kombo & Jepketer Annah (2017), Teachers Excitement and Fears on the Proposed Curriculum Framework for Primary and Secondary Schools in Kenya. Published in the IOSR Journal of Humanities and Social Science (IOSR-JHSS), Vol. 22, Issue 11, Ver. 2, pp 16-33.
Kisilu Kombo, Naom Ondicho and Jepketer Annah (2017), Examination of Quality Education in Selected Private Primary Schools in Kenya: the Case of Westlands Sub-County in Nairobi County. Published in the Journal of Education Research and Behavioural Sciences Vol. 6(4), pp 052-058.
Kisilu Kombo (2017), ‘Re-Engineering Education in the Developing World for the Challenges of the 21st Century’; Society of Educational Research and Evaluation in Kenya. Published in the African Journal of Educational and Social Science Research Cradle of Knowledge Vol. 5 No. 2017 pp 158 – 161.
Annah Jepketer, Kisilu Kombo & Dorothy Ndunge Kyalo” Teachers’ classroom strategy for enhancing students’ performance in public secondary schools in Nandi County, Kenya. IOSR Journal of humanities and Social Sciences (I0SR – JHSS) VOL 20, Issue 7 Ver.11 ( July 2015) PP 61 – 73 e-ISSN : 2279-0837, p-ISSN:2279-0845 http://www.iosrjournal.org
- Kisilu kombo,Kalai,Jm;Sang AK ’Secondary School principals’ Perceptions of Influence of KEMI Programmes on Leadership Competence Levels in Two counties in Kenya :Msingi Journal Vol No.1 2014,CUEA Press: ISSN 231-3493
- Kinuthia.F,Kombo kisilu,Mweru Maureen; “Determinants of pre-school teachers’ attitudes towards teaching”Online Journal,AJOTE;Vol 3,No 1(2013)
- Manyara Charity Gakii,Kombo kisilu,Wokabi Francis”Effects of HIV/AIDS on academic and social lives of secondary school students in Samburu County,Kenya”. Online Journal,Education and Review(MRJER)Vol 1,0076-084,May 2013.
- Elishiba Kimani and Kisilu Kombo “An Investigation of Community Participation in the Development of Schools and Income Generating Projects in Rural Areas in Kenya”. Published by British Journal of Educational Research 1 (1): 58 – 68. 2011 (See attachment).
- Elishiba Kimani and Kisilu Kombo”Challenges Facing Nuclear Families with Absent Fathers in Gatundu North District, Central Kenya” – Published by the African Symposium: An Online Journal of the African Educational Research Network: Volume 10: No 2,2010
- Elishiba Kimani and Kisilu Kombo (2011): Abortion in Kenya: An examination of its Causes and Effects in Secondary Schools and Colleges in Kenya. Journal of Education and Social Sciences ISSN: 2223 – 490x
- Josephine Kisilu, Elishiba Kimani and Donald Kombo. “Factors Influencing Occupational Aspirations among Girls in Secondary Schools in Nairobi Region, Kenya”. Prime Research on Education ISSN 2251 – 1253 Vol. 2 Issue 4. PP 244 – 251; 2012.
- Elishiba Kimani & Donald Kisilu “Gender and Poverty Reduction: A Kenyan Context. Educational Research and Reviews VoL. 5 (1) PP 001 – 009, January 2010; ISSN 1990 – 3839; 2009
- Donald Kisilu Kombo, Kimiti P & Ulwa D M 2012 “The Impact of Drug abuse awareness Campaigns in Kenya ISSN 2074-5400 vol. 5 No 5
- Proposal and Thesis Writing: An Introduction, Donald Kisilu Kombo and Delno L. A. Tromp, Paulines Publications Africa, 2006 ISBN 9966 – 08 – 133X
- Donald Kisilu Kombo and Delno L. A. Trop, 2006, Proposal and Thesis Writing: An Introduction, Paulines Publications Africa, ISBN 9966 – 08 – 133X
- Donald Kisilu Kombo, 2006, Sociology of Education, Catholic University of Eastern Africa., ISBN 9966 – 909 – 42 - 7
- Donald Kisilu Kombo, June 2005, Determination of Drug Abuse in Nairobi Secondary Schools, Kenya, African Journal of Education Studies Vol.1 No.1, ISSN 1815 - 0470
- Donald Kisilu Kombo, 2003, A Chapter on Control and Management of HIV/AIDS in Kenya in a book entitled “The Status, Impact and Management of HIV/AIDS in Kenya”., Catholic University of Eastern Africa, ISBN 9966 – 909 – 32 – X
Participated and presented a paper in the Kenyatta University School of Education 6th International Annual October Conference on Education and Lifelong Learning held on 3rd-4th October, 2019 at KUCC .
Paper presented: Education in Emergencies: The Case of Dadaab and Kakuma Refugee Camps in Kenya
Participated and presented a paper in the 9th ANIE Annual Conference – 2nd and 3rd October, 2019 at KICD Nairobi – Kenya.
Theme:- Africa, Internationalization and the Global Context: Making it work.
Paper Presented: University reforms in Kenya, implications on quality of education and world ranking, Kenya.
Participated in the 4th International Annual Conference on Education and Lifelong Learning held on 5th – 6th October, 2017, whereby I Presented a paper Entitled- “Teachers’ Excitement and Fears on the Proposed Curriculum Framework for Primary and Secondary Schools in Kenya”
Kenyatta University, School of Education- 3rd International Annual October Conference on Education and Lifelong Learning 6th – 7th October, 2016 at the KUCC.
Theme: “Re-Constructing Education for Sustainable Development for All”
Paper presented: Escalating Arson Attacks in Secondary Schools and Implications for Education Policy Kenya.
Attended a 4th International Conference on Education and presented a paper entitled “Quality Education under threat in teacher training Colleges; A case study of Nairobi County, Kenya” on 15. 07. 2015
- Keynote speech at the conference on Society of Education, Research and evaluation in Kenya held at KCA University between 5-7th February ,2014
- Re-engineering Education in the developing World in the 21st Century; An international conference on Society of Education, Research and evaluation in Kenya held at KCA University between 5-7th February ,2014
- Culture of Silence in suffering: A study of female University Students in Abusive Relationships on 3rd August 2012 at the International Conference on Violence and Sexual Harassment. By Kombo K, Salome, N & Gathara, P
- Re-engineering African Higher Education towards Competence on 20th to 22nd July 2011 – at International Conference on Education. By Salome, N and Kombo, K
- Challenges Facing Nuclear Families with Absent Fathers figures: A case Study of Gatundu North District in Kenya. An International Conference on Pan-African Family Strength – held at the North Coast Beach Hotel July 21st – 23rd, 2010 by Elishiba Kimani and Kisilu Kombo
- International Conference on Education: Conference Theme – Quality Education for Societal Transformation from 20th - 22nd July 2011.
- Risk of freedom in tertiary Colleges and institute of higher learning in Kenya, July 2007, at Kenyatta University
- Regional Conference on integrated HIV/AIDS and Sexual Reproductive Health: Policy implications. Workshop held from 10th April to 12th April 2007. Presented a paper entitled: “Challenges of HIV/AIDS and Curriculum innovations of higher learning in Kenya”.
- Regional Conference and workshop on the Role of the African Universities in the Attainment of Millennium Development Goals. Workshop held on 14th – 18th November 2005 at Monitory Studies, Kenya. Presented a paper entitled: “The Role of Public Universities in Addressing Regional and Gender Differences in Kenya”.
- National grant proposal writing workshop form 10th to 14th January 2005. Organized and presented a paper entitled: “Work plan/Time Frame”.
- International Workshop on Environmental Health Education in the Eastern Africa Region: Challenges and the way forward. Held on 24th to 26th March 2004 at Kenyatta University. Organized and the workshop and presented a paper entitled “The impact of Drug Abuse Sensitization Campaigns in Kenya”.
- A workshop on learning material development at Kenyatta University. Held on 1st to 2nd April 2004. Organized the workshop.
- Attended a workshop on the “Decentralizing the MDGs through Social Artistry for Effective Leadership. Held on 20-24 September 2004 at Leisure Lodge Hotel, Mombasa, organized by UNDP.
- Challenges of HIV/AIDS and Curriculum innovations of higher learning in Kenya, Nairobi ,Kenya, 10th April to 12th April 2007
- The Role of Public Universities in Addressing Regional and Gender Differences in Kenya, Nairobi, Kenya School of Monetary Studies, 14th – 18th November 2005
- Work plan/Time Frame, National grant proposal writing workshop , Nairobi, Kenya, 10th to 14th January 2005
- The impact of Drug Abuse Sensitization Campaigns in Kenya, Kenyatta University, Kenya, 24th to 26th March 2004
- Decentralizing the MDGs through Social Artistry for Effective Leadership, Leisure Lodge, Mombasa, Kenya, 20-24 September 2004
- 2019: Research Policy and Knowledge Management Sensitization Training. The National Gender and Equality Commission, USD 3,800.
- 2018 to date: Team Leader to the Teacher Professional Development (TPD) Programme for Registered Teachers in Kenya; Kenyatta University won a tender bid to provide TPD programme to registered Teachers in Kenya; TPD Programme is housed under the School of Education and is sponsored by the Teachers Service Commission. USD 25,000.
- 2018: Team Leader in the UNESCO’s ‘‘Teacher Training and Development for Peace Building in the Horn of Africa and the Surrounding Countries’’ Project implemented by UNESCO-IICBA, Kenya National Commission for UNESCO (KNATCOM) and the Ministry of Education (MoE), Funded by UNESCO amounting to USD 6,500.
- 2013: Socio-Economic Impact of Thika Super Highway on Ruiru Town, USD 30,000.
- 2012: Group researchers won a grant for a pilot study entitled “Children Across Cultures Tackling Unhealthy Settings (CACTUS PILOT)”. Project funded by Steno Health Promotion Centre. Awarded amount 62,000 DDK .
- 2011: Research on Health in Primary Schools in Nairobi, Kenya. Funded by Steno University, Netherlands, 62,000 DDK.