Dr. Josephine Ngina Mutua
Name: Dr. Josephine Ngina Mutua
Area of Specialization:
- Educational Psychology
- Tests and Measurement
- Cognitive Psychology
- Academic Motivatio
- Oyoo, S., Mwaura, P., Theresia Kinai, T., & J Mutua, J. (2020). Academic Burnout and Academic Achievement among Secondary School Students in Kenya. - Education Research International (Hindawi) Volume 2020, Article ID 5347828, 6 pages
- Mutua, J & Oyoo, A. (2020). Gender Differences in Learning Strategies and Academic Achievement among Form Three Secondary School Students in Nairobi County, Kenya. International Journal of Applied Psychology 2020, 10(1): 1-7
- Oyoo, A., Mutua, J. (2019). Social Support and Academic Burnout among Secondary School Students in Kenya. International Journal of Innovative Research and Advance Studies 6(9), 91 – 98.
- Mutua, J., Kinai, T., Ndambuki, P., Oyoo, A. (2019). Gender Differences in Academic Mindsets and Academic Achievement among Form Three Students in Nairobi County, Kenya. International Journal of Innovative Research and Advanced Studies 6(8), 8 -10
- Mutua, J.N., Kinai, T.K., & Ndambuki, P. W. (2018). Academic Mindsets as Predictors of Academic Achievement among Public Secondary School Students in Nairobi County, Kenya. International Journal of Education and Research, 6 (2), 183 – 19
- 5Th International Annual October, 2018 Conference on Education and Lifelong Learning, Kenyatta University, Nairobi, Kenya
- Learning Strategies as Predictors of Academic Achievement Among Form Three Students in Nairobi County, Kenya
- Kenyatta University School of Education 5th International Annual October Conference on Education and Lifelong Learning – Held on 4th -5th October, 2018 at Kenyatta University Conference Centre.
- Educational Psychology Department Postgraduate Workshop, Kenyatta University- held on 23rd February, 2018.
- September 2020: Content uploading training (Digital School - Kenyatta University)
- August 2020: Online facilitation training (School of Education –Kenyatta University)
- April 2020: Module development training (Blended learning – Digital School – Kenyatta University)
- June 2019: Kenya Kenyatta University Wellness and Rehabilitation Services in Collaboration with Basic needs/Basic Rights Kenya
- May 2019: Staff Training on Mental Health and Wellbeing Screening and Detection
- February 2019: Training of Trainers Workshop for Staff Mentors and Growing Leaders Facilitators
- June 2018: Teacher training and Development for Peace in the Horn of Africa and Surrounding Countries (June, 2018)
- February 2018: Educational Psychology Department Postgraduate Workshop, Kenyatta University- held on 23rd February, 2018.
- January, 2018: Capacity building seminar for staff mentors, Kenyatta University
- May, 2017: Module development training
- April 2017: Training on Setting and Marking of Examination
Administrative Positions Held
Recognized university administrative positions
- Departmental Examinations Coordinator from February, 2019
- Board Member School of Education Postgraduate Committee from February, 2019
- Member, member department of Educational Psychology Postgraduate Committee, 2020
- Coordinator EPS 100: Introduction to Psychology (Department of Educational Psychology), from 9th January, 2017.
- Assistant Examination Coordinator (Department of Educational Psychology), from 9th January, 2017.
- Appointment as a Member, Departmental Marks verification Committee (Department of Educational Psychology), from 28th September, 2017.
- Staff mentor (Kenyatta University), from 11th November, 2017.