I have research interest in the areas of personality, cognitive, neuropsychological, and educational assessments especially among adolescents and young adults. Specifically, my research focuses on the following contexts: (i) test validation, (ii) norming of existing tests, (iii) application of assessments to: counselling, learning, and developmental outcomes as well as in work-related processes/outcomes; and (iv) parenting processes/interventions/outcomes.
- Mwangi, C.N., Ireri, A.M., Mwaniki, E.W. & Wambugu, S.K. (2018). Relationship among Type of School, Academic Resilience and Academic Achievement among Secondary School Students in Kiambu County, Kenya. PEOPLE: International Journal of Social Sciences,3(3),1092-1107. DOI-https://dx.doi.org/10.20319/pijss.2018.33.10921107.
Mwangi, C.N. & Ireri, A.M. (2017). Gender Differences in Academic Resilience and Academic Achievement among Secondary School Students in Kiambu County, Kenya. Psychology Behavioural Science International Journal,5(5): 555-673. doi:10.19080/PBSIJ.2017.05.555673
Mwangi, C.N., Ireri, A.M., & Mwaniki, E. W. (2017). Correlates of Academic Resilience among Secondary School Students in Kiambu County, Kenya. Interdisciplinary Education and Psychology, 1(1):4
Mukuni, D. M., Ireri, A.M., & Ntarara, M.G. (2017). Swearing by Women in a Miraa Market: Convergence, Identity, and “Survival” Strategies. Scholars Journal of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences, 5(9C):1296-1302. doi:10.21276/sjahss.2017.5.9.27.
- Mukuni, D.M., Ireri, A.M., Nthiga,P.M., & Owili, F.A. (2016). The social function of swearing in a Miraa market environment. Arts and Social Sciences Journal, 7(2): 187. doi:10.4172/2151-6200.1000187.
- Mwacngi,C.N; Okatcha,F.M;Kinai,T.K; & Ireri,A.M.(2015) Relationship between academic resilience and academic achievement among selected secondary school students in Kiambu County,Kenya.International Journal of School and Cognitive Psychology S2:003.doi:104172/ijscp/.S2-003
- Mokua Gilbert Maroko, Fredrick Ogola , Musau Kithuka, Haniel Nyaga Gatumu, Nyutu Jane Gathoni, Njuguna Christina Nyamugoro, Anthony Muriithi Ireri. (2015). Influence of self-concealed psycho-social factors as predictors on the effectiveness of sexual selfdisclosure during voluntary counseling and testing among university students in Kenya. International Journal of Psychology and Counselling,7(5), 78-83. DOI: 10.5897/IJPC2015.0316.
- Anthony M. Ireri, Pauline Thuku, Njagi I. Karugu. (2013). Relationship between occupational identity and attitudes towards work among first year university students in Dedan Kimathi University, Kenya. Psychology and Social Behavior Research.
- Joan M. Njagi, Anthony M. Ireri, Eliud Njagi, Daniel Akunga, Agustine T. O. Afullo, Mathew N. Piero, Isaac Mwanzo , Njagi I. Karugu. (2013).Knowledge, Attitude and Perceptions of Kadhodeki Village Residents on the Health Risks Posed by Kadhodeki Dumpsite in Nairobi, Kenya.World Environment, 3(5) 155-160.
- Boaz Mokaya, Edward Oyugi, Edward Kigen, Haniel Gatumu, Anthony M. Ireri, (2013). Evaluating the Effectiveness of Three Conflict Resolution Models in Changing Students’ Intergroup Expectancies and Attitudes in Kenyatta University (Kenya). Education,(3), 178-184.
- Pauline Thuku, Anthony M. Ireri (2013). Influence of Retirement Information on Retirement Preparation among Prospective Retirees in Nyeri County, Kenya. Open Journal of Social Science Research, 1(1):1-6.
- Anthony M. Ireri, Philomena N. Mathuvi, Amos M. Njagi, Eric G. Mwenda, Haniel N. Gatumu, Joan M. Njagi, Mathew N. Piero, Njagi I. Karugu (2012). Assessing Young People’s Momentary Thoughts about Sex: A proposal of the Sex Envelope Game. International Journal of Applied Psychology, 2 (3), 31-35. DOI: 10. 5923/j.ijap.20120203.03
- Anthony M. Ireri, Dinah W. Tumuti, Philomena N. Mathuvi, Joan M. Njagi, Mathew N. Piero, Haniel N. Gatumu,Amos M. Njagi, Njagi I. Karugu (2012). Sources of VCT Information and Reasons for Use or Non Use of VCT Services by Young People in Selected Rural Locations in Kenya. International Journal of Social Science Tomorrow, 1(2). ISSN: 2277-6168. Available online www.ijsst.com.
- Anthony M. Ireri, Daniel M. Mukuni, Philomena N. Mathuvi, Amos M. Njagi, Njagi I. Karugu (2012). An Overview of Major Biological and Contextual Factors in Language Acquisition. American Journal of Linguistics, 1(3): 33-39 DOI: 10.5923/j.linguistics.20120103.03
Dinah W. Tumuti, Anthony M. Ireri, Joshua W. Tumuti (2012). Relationship guidance sources, fears and reasons for marriage among young urban Christians in Kenya. International Journal of Prevention and Treatment,1(2): 31-39 DOI: 10.5923/j.ijpt.20120102.03.9.
Philomena N. Mathuvi, Anthony M. Ireri, Daniel M. Mukuni, Amos M. Njagi, Njagi I. Karugu (2012). An Analysis of Gender Displays in Selected Children Picture Books in Kenya. International Journal of Arts, 2(5): 31-38 DOI: 10.5923/j.arts.20120205.01.
- Anthony Ireri (2011). Young People and VCT in Kenya: Factors influencing uptake of services in 12 locations of Central Kenya. VDM-Verlag Dr. Muller Publishing; Germany.
- Anthony M. Ireri, Cecilia N. Mwangi, Elizabeth W. Mwaniki. Relationship Between Personality Traits and Statistics Anxiety Among Bachelor of Education Students at Kenyatta University, Kenya. Society for Personality Assessment (SPA) Annual Convention at Washington Marriott Georgetown, Washington, D.C, March 2018.
- Anthony Ireri , Elizabeth Mwaniki, Mukirae Njihia, Fatuma Chege. Teachers’ attitudes and preparedness for digital learning in Kenyan primary schools. Presented in the 61st Annual Conference of Comparative and International Education Society (CIES) at Atlanta Georgia, March 2017.
- Elizabeth Mwaniki, Mukirae Njihia, Fatuma Chege, Anthony Ireri. Development of interactive online modules: Lessons from Kenyatta University. Presented in the Pan-Commonwealth Forum 8, at Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, Malaysia, November 2016.
- Samwel Njihia, Elizabeth Mwaniki, Fatuma Chege, Anthony Ireri. Uptake of open and distance learning (ODL) programmes: A case of Kenyatta University, Kenya. Presented in the Pan-Commonwealth Forum 8 at Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, Malaysia, November 2016.
Conferences and Workshops Attended
3rd Annual conference on Education and Lifelong learning held at Kenyatta University Conference Centre,Kenya, October 2016.
2nd Annual conference on Education and Lifelong learning held at Kenyatta University Conference Centre, Kenya, October 2015.
1ST Annual conference on Education and Lifelong learning held at Kenyatta University Conference Centre, Kenya, October 2014.
Workshop on the operation of Government Human Resource Information System held at Nyeri, Kenya, October 2012.
Regional training workshop on older persons, HIV/AIDS, and human rights held at Batian Grand Hotel- Nyeri, Kenya, January 2011.