Name: Peter Mugo Gathara
Title/Qualifications: Dr/PhD, MEd, BEd
Department/Unit/Section: Educational Foundations
Contact Address: P.O.Box 88-10300, Kerugoya
Area of Specialization: Comparative Education
Research Interests: Comparative Education, Professional Teacher Development,
Download Full CV
- Peter Mugo Gathara (2014): Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for Secondary School Teachers: Polices and Practices of Mentoring in Kenyan Education System in Achieving Vision 2030, Msingi Journal of Education: Education and Development in the Context of Kenya’s Vision 2030.pages 200-235 ISSN: 2310-3493
- Peter Mugo Gathara and Jafred Muyaka (2014): The Role of Tutors’ ICT Skills in Meeting Kenya’s Vision 2030. in Msingi Journal of Education: Education and Development in the Context of Kenya’s Vision 2030 pages 311-343. ISSN: 2310-3493.
- Peter Mugo Gathara and Kasembeli, David. (2014). Partnership in secondary school assessment examinations and Kenya certificate of secondary education examinations: Dilemma in evaluation. In Asian Journal of Educational Research, 2 (1), 28-38. ISSN: 2311-6080 Available on line
- Peter Mugo Gathara (2016) Partnership examinations versus Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education: One goal, different perspectives in Journal of Educational Research and Studies Volume 4 (2) pp 9-17 ISSN 2329-3039 Available on line.
- Wolhuter CC., Kamere I. and Biraimah K. (2013) A Students Textbook in Comparative Education, Platinum Press, Potchefstroom South Africa. ISBN: 978-1-86822-638
TOPICS WRITTEN BY THE AUTHOR
- Peter Mugo Gathara and Charl Wolhuter: Definitions and Purpose of Comparative education
- Peter Mugo Gathara and Charl Wolhuter: Historical Development of Comparative Education
- Peter Mugo Gathara and Charl Wolhuter: Methodology in Comparative Education.
- Peter Mugo Gathara and Charl Wolhuter and Hennie Steyn : The structure and Shaping Factors of Education systems
- Augustine M. Karugu, Isabella M. Kamere and Peter Mugo Gathara: Effective Teacher Education in Developing Countries
- Peter Mugo Gathara and Isabella M. Kamere : Brain Drain
- Augustine M. Karugu and Peter Mugo Gathara: International AID in Education
- Augustine M. Karugu, Isabella M. Kamere and Peter Mugo Gathara: The Education System of Cameroon
- Augustine M. Karugu, Isabella M. Kamere and Peter Mugo Gathara:Nigerian Education system
- Augustine M. Karugu and Peter Mugo Gathara: France Education system
- Peter M. Gathara (2017) Adult and Continuing Education in Kenya: From Main Stream to Periphery, Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany ISBN: 978-620-2-07835-1.
- Peter Mugo Gathara (2011) Continuing Professional Development for Secondary School Teachers in Kenya: Policies, Trends and practices, VDM Verlag Dr Muller ISBN 987-3639361247
- Peter Mugo Gathara (2011) Factors Influencing Kenya Certificate of Primary Education: Comparative Study of public and private primary schools in Central Division Kirinyaga District, VDM Verlag , Germany ISBN 9783639344387
- Peter Mugo Gathara (2015) Status of Teaching Peace Education in Selected primary schools in kirinyaga County: Critical steps in alleviating Post Election Violence in Kenya in the 2nd International Annual October conference on Education and Lifelong learning, held in Kenyatta University KUCC on 8-9th October 2015 : Conference proceedings Volume 2 pages 29-42 ISBN no 978-9966-083-45-6.
- Peter Mugo Gathara (2015) Partnership Examinations verses Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education: One Goal Different perspectives. In Canadian International Conference on Education (CICE) at the university of Toronto, Mississauga, Canada between 22nd – 25th June 2015.
- Peter Mugo Gathara (2017) Improving Learning Outcomes Through Initiative Of Book Harvesting; Trends In Book Ratio And Financing In Kiranja Primary School, Kirinyaga County, Kenya in 4th Annual International conference on Education and Lifelong Education at Kenyatta University KUCC between 4th -8th October 2017
- Peter Mugo Gathara and Dr. Salome Nyambura (2014) Developing Transformative Leaders in Higher Education in Kenya, in 1st Annual Conference on Education and Lifelong learning on 31st October 2014 at Kenyatta University KUCC.
- Peter Mugo Gathara (2012) Culture of Silence: Gender Based Violence among Female Students in Kenyan Universities, In International Conference on Gender Based Violence at Kenyatta University between 1st- 3rd August 2012.
- Peter Mugo Gathara and Prof. Augustine Mambo Karugu (2016) Fifty Years of Graduate Teacher Education in Kenya: Reflections on the Past and the Future,
- In 10th Annual Decolonizing the Spirit Conference, Embu University College Kenya on 19th- 21st July 2016.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 24 January 2018 05:22