Name: Peter Mugo Gathara
Title/Qualifications: Dr/PhD, MEd, BEd
Department/Unit/Section: Educational Foundations
Contact Address: P.O.Box 88-10300, Kerugoya
Area of Specialization: Comparative Education
Research Interests: Comparative Education, Professional Teacher Development,
Download Full CV
- Undertook research work in Central Division of Kirinyaga District between March to April 2002 for Masters thesis entitled Kenya certificate of primary education performance: comparative study of public and private primary schools in central division, Kirinyaga district.
- Undertook research work in Kirinyaga district for my PHD Thesis entitled: Aspects of Continuing Teacher professional development in Kenya secondary schools: A study of policies, trends and practices in relation to Kirinyaga district- Kenya
- Involved in research work of the Asia Africa Universities dialogue to achieve EFA project under the topic Achieving EFA Goals through Quality Basic Education for OVC: A study of the implementation of HIV/AIDS Education Sector policy in Kenya.
- Involved in Kenya- France Cooperation Project that dealt with the study: Achieving peace in the Great Lakes Region: A study of the philosophical foundations of the education sytems in East African countries.
- Involved in History of education Module writing of the Marsabit Open learning project in 2009
- Participated in a workshop with Uwezo Kenya at Voi between 19th march and 26th March 2009 as Master trainer.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 15:42