Department: Special Needs Education
Contact Address: P.O. Box 43844-00100, Nairobi, Kenya
View full CV
- International July 1988 Attended an International Council for Education of Visually Impaired (ICEVI) held at Sheraton Hotel, Texas. (USA). July 1996
- International Conference on Low Vision '96 in Madrid, Spain where I presented a paper on Low Vision Project Kenya. (Madrid, Spain). April 2000
- International Council for Education of Visually Impaired (Kenya Chapter) where I also presented a paper on Coordination and Net- Working in the Education and Training Services. (Nairobi, Kenya). June 2002 University of Cambridge Conference on Working with students with Emotional Behaviour Disorders (Cambridge, England). July 2002
- University of Cambridge Conference on Adults Learning On-Line: Making it-Easy and, Eastern Region Index for Inclusion Project where education inclusion was the main theme of the conferences (Cambridge, England). August 2002
- Attended Kenyatta University's Senior Staff Management Seminar held at Diani Reef Grand Hotel 20-25 August, 2002.
- 2003 Conference on Enterpreneurship in Education in Grand Regency
Hotel, (Nairobi, Kenya) Cambridge (United Kingdom) as a part of a
link between Ministry of Education Science and Technology
(MOEST)/Kenyatta University and University of Cambridge.
Discussion on collaborative research ventures and the way forward
in the link were held. Currently, in serious discussions on behalf of
Department of Special Education with Ministry of Education
Science and Technology, University of Cambridge and the British
Council on possibilities of extending the existing linkage which was
for 3 years for an additional two years effective 2004/2006.
- Low vision project - Kenya in International Conference on Low Vision
11 proceedings, Madrid, Spain. (1996/97)
- 1994 : Working with low vision pupils: Some useful considerations. The Educator. 1994, Vol. 7, 2, 20-25
- 1991 : Religious beliefs of parents of children with visual impairments. Journal of
Visual Impairment & Blindness. 85(4), 157 - 162. (with J.N. Erin & D. Rudin).
- 1991 : Educational services for visually impaired adults in Kenya. Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness, 85(6), 272 - 274.
- 1991 : Factors influencing initiation of successful mainstreaming for visually impaired in Kenya. Ph.D Dissertation Abstract (1991/92).
- 1989 : Special Education in my life. Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness 85(4), 157 – 162.
- 1988 : Education of visually impaired in Kenya: Problems and possible solutions. DVH Quarterly, 32, 2-7
Last Updated on Wednesday, 02 July 2014 06:01